Chapter 21

And I was like woahhhh

🌹

*

Sitting quite shocked on Josh's couch, I silently sit as he continues asking me questions. Again.

"So you said Avery was her name?" Nodding my head numbly, a load of thoughts were running through my brain.

Why had Avery come back after all this time? Just even visiting was a huge risk. I wish I could say my father was our only enemy but he himself had created enemies. And what do enemies go for the most?

The people you love.

All my life people had been chasing my mother and I. I don't remember one day where I actually felt... at peace. My life is like a hurricane. Everywhere around me is a huge storm. We lose the people we care about and things we have get destroyed. That is, until you get to the eye of the storm, the calmest place in a hurricane. Everything stops. No problems, no enemies, just peace.

When do I get to see the eye of the storm?

Will I ever?

Now all I'm left with is what had brought Avery here?

Did something happen? Of course something had happened! But what?Are there any new enemies? More danger? Do we need to move again? Wait, what about Damon? Would I be able to leave him? No... no! I can't! But we could be in danger!

"Fuck!" Anger and fear run through my tired body as I frantically stand to my feet and quickly run out the front door, hearing a worried Josh behind me.

Making it to my car, I close the door behind me and roar my car to life. Driving off, I make a mental note to call Josh later so he's not worried about me. Taking out my phone, I call the person I need to hear.

"Bro I will knock you out if you keep- oh hey babe!" I hear Damon's deep soothing voice call out to me as I hear someone snickering in the background. And just like that, my anxiousness settles down in me.

Calm.

"Uh hey, you busy?" I ask him as I make a right turn on a street. Listening closely, I can hear a bunch of yelling between the two before I hear a door slam and a sigh of relief.

"No, not anymore. Damn, this dude can be so fucking annoying. Anyway, what's up?" Sensing my hesitation, and just like a switch, he becomes serious.

"What's wrong babe?"

"... Avery is back." I reluctantly tell him as I see my house up ahead.

"Avery? The one who was in the gang with you before you both left?" I nod at him but I remember that he can't see.

"Yeah. I'm just really confused because once you move there is no going back, because doing something like that can risk everything." I explain my confusion and frustration about the situation.

"I'm on my way to your house now, okay?" He softly tells me, making my heart melt. Even in times like these he's always there to keep me sane.

"Okay then. I lo..." Wait... was I really ready to say it? To tell him how I really feel? It was just three words. Three little words that could make or break someone, and I was afraid to find out my fate.

"You what?" He innocently asks me through the phone as I park my car in the drive way. I can't do it, not yet atleast.

"I'll tell you when you get here okay?" We then exchange goodbyes before I hang up and get out of the car.