Chapter 16

I'm selfish
🌹
*

"Do my eyes deceive me?" I quickly look over the couch to see my mother, who looks quite surprised. She wears a nice slick, black looking dress, looking stunning as ever.

She brushes out the curly hair in her face, noticing that is was somewhat pinned up nicely. What kind of friends was she hanging out with...

Damon clears his throat awkwardly and I remember something: He's on top of me! I quickly push him off me, resulting in him landing on the floor with a thud, along with a groan of pain.

I quickly stand up and smile sweetly at my mother, as she narrows her eyes at me and puts a hand on her hip. I visibly gulp.

Oh shit..

"So, I come home from a nice dinner and I see my only daughter cuddling with the only guy that has caused her stress?" By now we both stand up, not saying a word as my mother continues to look at us, a hand on her hip with a stern look.

"Well Jesus, it was about time." My mom rolls her eyes, happiness taking over her beautiful face as she walks to the kitchen. I run after her in confusion, Damon close behind me. When I walk in, I see her drinking a glass of water, staring at me with humor in her eyes.

"What are you talking about ma?" I question her. When she puts the cup down, she smirks at us and laughs a little.

"I swear, both of y'all are a book of confusion. If anybody was reading about you two, they would've been confused as to why you guys haven't gone on a date yet!" I roll my eyes as I look at Damon, who was mindlessly holding my hand. Imagine if we did have a book about us... oh my word the horror!

"So Damon, when do you plan on taking her out on a date?" My mom asks him calmly as she takes another sip of her water.

"Tomorrow at 8. Oh yeah and dress nice too." He said, saying the last part to me. I slightly blush as he looks at me with pure happiness. We continue to look at each other, as my mom looks at us with adoration. He blinks a few times before shaking his head at himself and chuckles.

He's so adorable..

"So um, I'll see you tomorrow?" I blink a few times and nod a little, because I got lost at staring at him. I blush a little, which makes him smile.

"Y-yes, tomorrow." I stutter out, still not believing what's happening. He comes up to me and wraps me in his arms, bringing me into a warm hug before letting me go. He waves one last time before turning around and leaving our house. I turn back to my mother as she wiggles her dark eyebrows at me. I start to blush.

"What?" I mumble as a shy smile forms on my face from thinking about him.

Oh god I'm hooked...

"I told you so." She gives me sneaky smile, making me roll my eyes at her.
I swear this woman knows everything. I don't know how she does it.

"Oh really, how was that date then?" I asked her, smirking when I saw her coughing up her water. I knew it! When she finally clears her throat, she speaks.

"What?! Who said I went on a date?" She said quickly, looking away from my suspicious eyes.

"Says the water that almost killed you. So, does this dude have a name?" I ask her casually, with a teasing smirk as she rolls her eyes.

"That's for me to know, and for you to never find out." I groan as she laughs at me.

"Mothers..." I mumble under my breath, making sure she doesn't hear me. But you know, mothers got that hall hearing.

"What did you say?" She asks me with a look. I gulp before a shake my head quickly.

"I didn't say anything!" I rush out quickly, adding an innocent smile at the end. She raises her brows at me.

"That's what I thought missy." She says sternly before going on her phone.

I walk against the cold tiles of the floor to go to get a snack from the fridge, but I stop mid way when I suddenly remeber something. I turn to my mother.

"Hey ma." She looks up from her phone with raised eye brows.

"Yes?" She sits on one of the island chairs, getting comfortable.

"Somebody stopped by the house today." She looks at me with a worried look, but it goes away when I assure her that it was no body bad.

"Who?" She questions me.

"I don't know. He was tall, dark, and he seemed to know me." She gives me a strange look.

"How?"

"Well when I opened the door, he just stood there staring at me, but not in a weird way at all. Then when I asked him what he needed he immediately freaked out saying that this was a mistake and ran off on me." I tell her, confused.

But, I'm not stupid either. That guy knows me, so he has to know my mom too. When I look at my mom, she just looks off into space, looking deep in thought. She knows something.

"You know him, don't you?" I finally ask her. She slowly looks into my brown eyes and nods slowly, her curly hair moving in the process.

"Yes, yes I do." I go and sit next to her by the island of the kitchen, looking at her with curiosity. What else can she be hiding? Whatever it is, I won't run like last time.

I guess I was being a little petty last time, but I was mad and upset. But now I'm over it and I know better.

Whatever it is, we will deal with it together. After about a minute she just sits there again and stares off into space, as if she's remembering something.

"Who is it ma?" She looks at me and grabs one of my hands into hers and squeezes it tightly.

" He's Austin, your cousin."

****

Hehehe bet y'all first thought he was a long lost brother lmaoo.

Anywayyyy I'm working on chapter 17 now bc I hate keeping y'all waiting.

Check out my Pinterest account for wattpad cover ideas! Link on my profile page!

If you read this far, comment what your favorite candy is and I'll follow you!

Okay, see y'all later!

Lei-Bear