Chapter 6- The Wolf

A/N: I would like to dedicate this chapter to @lucialosa22, my t-shirt challenge winner! Thank you so much for participating!

Asher's POV

I can't wipe the smile from my face as I walk back to Slater House. Ivy Grant. I sigh. She is truly the most amazing person I have ever encountered. I lift my shirt to my nose, trying to catch any lingering scent of her, but unfortunately, I find none. I have no idea what she sees in me, but I'm glad she does. She is so beautiful, but totally down to earth. Not to mention, she totally gets me. I chuckle to myself thinking of her adoring fan quotes. This girl is perfect.

I make it back to the dorm about ten minutes later. I go in and climb up the 3 flights of stairs to my floor. I make my way down the hall to my room and press my ear to the door. I hear multiple voices so I decide not to go in just yet. I walk down to the end of the hall and sit on the floor. After turning on my Kindle, I open the book I was reading and try to concentrate but I can't get my mind off of Ivy.

As I play back our encounter in my head, I start to realize that she is kind of strange. I remember the way she kept sniffing the air and seemingly followed her nose straight to me. And the first thing she said to me... what was it? Did she really say that I smell like hers? What does that even mean? Not to mention those growling sounds I kept hearing. I'm not really sure what to think of it, really. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. Yeah... that must be it.

In any case, I'm excited to see her again. I can't wait to hear what she says next. I lean my head back against the wall and close my eyes until I hear footsteps coming towards me. I open my eyes and see the dorm's RA walking up to my room. He knocks on the door, and he says something to whoever opened it before going back the way he came. A minute later, I watch as Brandon and 2 guys I don't know walk out of my room. Brandon looks down the hall at me and sneers, " Look at that loser, why are you just sitting on the floor? You are pathetic." His friends snicker as they all turn and head to the stairway. Ivy was right. What a complete douche nozzle. I chuckle as I get up and walk to my room. No point in staying out now that they are gone.

I go into my room, heading straight for my closet. I grab some sleep pants and a soft t-shirt before hurriedly changing clothes. I quickly climb into bed and curl up under the covers, hoping I can force myself to fall asleep before Brandon returns. But alas, I am unable. I am surprised when 20 minutes later, Brandon walks into the room alone. I lift my head and am shocked to see him white as a sheet. I watch as he quietly walks across to his closet without so much as a glance my way. When his back is to me, I almost gasp at what I see but am able to keep quiet. On the back of his neck is what looks like a quickly forming bruise in the shape of a hand print, and at the tips of the distinctive finger marks are 4 slowly bleeding puncture wounds. I almost ask if he is ok, but being as he is pretending I'm not here, I decide to do the same. I continue to peek at him as he opens his closet and pulls out a pair of basketball shorts, a muscle shirt, and his shower caddy before leaving just as silently as he arrived.

I once again try to make myself sleep, but Brandon is only gone for a few minutes. His face still has no color, and he has his towel draped around his neck. He doesn't even look my way as he walks over to his bed, drops his shower things on the floor, and then climbs under his blanket. He leaves his towel draped over his neck and faces the wall beside his bed. I wonder what happened to him. My last thought before I finally drift to sleep is that Ivy asked me his name...

I dream of a wolf. I instinctively know it is female. Looking around, I see that I am sitting back under my tree. I can just barely see the wolf on the trail in front of me. I can see that she has her muzzle raised as if she is sniffing the air. My heartbeat quickens as she gets closer to my location. Suddenly she stops, sniffing intently, and then her head snaps towards me, freezing me with her golden brown stare. She stalks towards me, slowly, as if she is trying not to startle me. Something about this seems so familiar, but I can't wrap my brain around it. When she gets within a few feet of me, she lets out a low growl....

I jerk into a sitting position with my heart pounding and my breath coming out in shallow pants. What was that? A strange parody of my encounter with Ivy? I rub my hands over my face trying to rid myself of the fading remnants of the dream. By the time I get out of bed, the only detail of the dream that remains is the wolf. What a beautiful creature.

Checking the time on my phone, I see that it is already 9 o'clock. I'm glad I didn't oversleep, seeing as I forgot to set an alarm. Noticing Brandon is still asleep, I quietly make my way over to my closet and grab my towel and shower caddy before going down to the shared bathroom for my floor. Once I finish my morning routine, I head back to the room with my towel around my waist. I drop my pajamas in my hamper and put my shower stuff on the shelf in my closet before going through my clothes trying to decide what to wear. I decide on another novelty tee, with the hope that Ivy will recognize this as well, being as it is from one of my favorite movies.

  A/N: ****COMPLETED****Challenge! Be the 1st to correctly identify the movie referenced by this ^^ shirt and I will dedicate this chapter to you!  

I put on a pair of boxer briefs, grey slim fit jeans, and black combat boots. Just as I go to pull the t-shirt over my head, I hear Brandon making a strangled whimpering sound. I walk a few steps closer to his bed, listening intently. His whimpers grow louder and just as I stop a few feet away he screams," No! Please don't eat me!" He jolts up and barely reaches the trash can next to his bed before he pukes out last night's dinner.

I stand there frozen, unsure of what to do. After a moment I take a step closer. My movement catches his attention and he looks terrified before he starts dry heaving more into the trash can. I step back, deciding he must have been drinking last night or something. So, I grab my phone, keys, and wallet before stuffing them into my pockets and walking out of the room. Guess I wasn't the only one with crazy dreams last night.

I pull my phone back out of my pocket to check the time. 9:30. Close enough, I decide as I head out of the building. I'm surprised as I near the glass doors to see Ivy already here, sitting on the bench, facing away from me. As I take a closer look, I see that she is on the phone, so I stay as quiet as I can as I approach her, not wanting to interrupt. As I get close, I hear her say, " Thanks, mom. You are going to love him, I just know it." I notice her shoulders stiffen, and then she says a bit more quietly, "I have to go now, he's here. Talk to you soon." She puts the phone into a small handbag and turns to face me. I'm intrigued by what I heard, but I don't know how to bring it up. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I know those words weren't meant for my ears. Was she talking about me, though? Or someone else entirely.

I completely forget about the conversation as soon as I catch a glimpse of her face. She is even more beautiful than I remembered. I see her looking me over, and once her eyes scan my shirt, she smiles so big that she outshines the sun. She rushes to me and gives me a long fierce hug, all the while telling me when the world will end. I am seriously falling fast for this girl.

A/N: What is your favorite movie? Please comment and vote. I would love to hear from you!