Chapter 34 - Consequences

Ivy's POV

I sprint around the house as I allow my call to war to tear from my throat. I'm so desperate to reach my mate that I almost bowl over a group of warriors gathered around Keegan as I slide around the corner. Seeing me, Keegan steps directly into my path.

"What did you find out?" He asks me.

*I know where they have him. They are holed up on the abandoned New Moon pack lands. You remember, the pack that moved upstate a few years back. If we take to the woods, we can be there within an hour. Let's go. I can't let them hurt him. Not anymore. He is mine and I will have him back!* I respond through the pack link as I dodge his body and once again pick up speed.

As I race towards the tree line I hear the sound of dozens of paws hitting the dirt behind me. I consider waiting for them to catch up but quickly squash that idea because I don't want to leave Asher in the hands of those kretons any longer than I have to. As the fastest wolf in the pack, I steadily pull further and further ahead of them until I can't even hear them behind me anymore, but I still strain to push my body to its top speed. When I notice that Emersyn is curled into a ball in the furthest corner of my mind I let out a feral growl.

'Snap out of it Emersyn. You will not hide away and cry like a newborn pup. You always tell me your name means powerful one, prove it!' I snarl.

She bares her teeth at me as she jumps up.' Don't mistake my sorrow for weakness!'

'Sorrow becomes a weakness when you bury yourself in it. If you don't want me to think you are weak, then prove it. Lend me your strength.' I demand. 'We are heading into battle!'

As I continue to push my speed to the limit, I feel Emersyn push forward. Instead of trying to take over, she stretches herself out, melding her being with my own. When we are fully entwined, I feel a sudden jolt of energy that allows me to once again increase my speed. I almost stumble when the path lights up with green glow until I realize that the light is coming from my eyes, Emersyn's golden brown mixing with my blue and our increased power shining out. I feel as though I am almost flying as I dodge trees and leap across the occasional stream. Before I think it's possible, I catch sight of lights ahead.

When I can finally see the packhouse, I count thirteen wolves in front of it. Slowing to take in my surroundings, I try to reach out to Keegan and the other warriors through the pack-link but I find that I am too far from them to connect. That means back up is at least twenty minutes away, so I am on my own because I will not leave my mate there, surrounded by those cowards. Perking up my ears, I listen to see if the thirteen are the only wolves outside. When I don't hear any others I brace myself before rushing forward with a howl of war.

I don't slow as I charge the first wolf I reach, sinking my teeth deep into his throat while ramming his body with my own causing him to go flying away without his head. Fueled by the blood in my mouth, I release the throat still between my teeth catching the front leg of the next wolf that nears me, snapping it with a sharp tightening of my jaw as I roll him and shred his underbelly with my claws, reveling in the spray of blood on my face. Lifting my head, I snarl at the three wolves trying to circle me before springing up and over the closest one. As I drop down behind her I savagely bite down on her spine, growling in satisfaction as I feel it nearly crumble between my teeth before tossing her at the next wolf.

I plow through the wolves, not stopping my massacre until none are left and the lawn is covered in blood and gore. I get a running start before crashing into the front door of the house so hard that it flew off its hinges. I step through the splintered entryway to find six more wolves and two men waiting for me. The scent of my mate's blood assaults my senses, and my vision is suddenly overtaken by a red haze. When it dissipates I blink my eyes to find all eight bodies completely destroyed. Limbs and chunks of flesh are scattered across the floor and blood is dripping from the ceiling and walls.

I step over the carnage as I attempt to pick out my mates scent trail. When I finally reach a locked door at the far end of the house, I snicker at the idiocy of whoever thought a lock could keep me out. Then Emersyn pipes in causing me to roll my eyes at her with a huff.

'Bum bum bum... Another one bites the dust...' She sings to me.

^^Another One Bites The Dust- By Queen^^

Regaining my focus, I take a few steps back before charging at the door. It swings open with a loud bang against the wall. I stalk down the stairs, catching the scent of two wolves before I catch sight of them. The pair seems to be frozen in shock. Between them and I is my beautiful Asher twisting around to peek at me, unable to move far because he is tied to the chair that I saw in the images Emily shared with me. The right side of his face is streaked with drying blood and his left eye is almost swollen shut. My rage intensifies upon seeing this. I crouch low before leaping so that I fly over Asher's head and land in front of him.

I don't hesitate once I have myself between Asher and the two nimwits who were keeping him from me. I let out a vicious growl as I stalk slowly towards them. The scent of their fear makes me unreasonably happy. They should be scared just as I'm sure they have been frightening my mate.

"Please don't kill us. Look, he's barely even injured! Just take him and go, and we will leave you alone. I swear. We won't come back. Just..." The Alpha babbles as I get closer.

"I told you this was a bad idea!" The blonde next to him shrieks. "I told you!"

I ignore their meaningless chatter as I prepare to lunge at them. As I surge forward, their human bodies don't even have time to fully transform before the life leaves them. Feeling feral I rip their heads from their bodies in quick succession before savaging their corpses and then licking the excess blood from my chops. When they lay dead at my feet, I slowly turn to Asher. My lovely mate is staring at me with wide eyes.  

A/N- Thanks for reading. Please Comment and Vote!