Chapter 26- Canoe Me

Ivy's POV

Sunday, August 19, 2018

I'm running late when I finally make it back to campus, and I barely have time to drop off my bag before racing to the cafeteria in time to meet Asher. I see him waiting in front of the building and have the momentary worry that he might have changed his mind about me now that he has had some time to think. My apprehension fades quickly when he catches sight of me. Asher's face breaks out into a brilliant smile and he immediately starts towards me.

When we meet, he pulls me close. I revel in his scent. It perfectly suits him. "Sweet mercy, I've missed you." I breathe into his neck.

"Mmmm, I've missed you too." He answers as he slowly pulls back. "Are you ready to get some food?"

I nod vigorously,"Yeah, I'm starving. I could eat a whole canoe of steak right about now."

He just looks at me for a moment before cocking a brow, "A canoe? You know that canoes are a form of transportation and not a unit of measurement, right?"

"Don't be so narrow-minded, Asher. Canoes can totally hold things, therefore you can measure with them." The unspoken 'duh' is there in my tone.

He just shakes his head before taking my hand and leading me inside. We get our food, unfortunately steak wasn't on the menu, and sit at a table in the corner of the mess hall.We don't speak much while we eat because I really am hungry.I decide to grab some dessert when I am done with my meal, so I go back to the serving line. Just as I finish paying for my chocolate frosted brownie, I feel a push in my mind from the pack link.

*Hey Ivy, could you and Asher maybe come back to his room. Like now.* Brock sends, sounding panicked.

*Why? What happened?*I ask. 

*I might have told Brandon that I'm a werewolf and now there is something wrong with him. Nicolaj is freaking out and I don't know what to do.* He says. 

*Yeah, we can be there in 5. Just try to calm down.* I tell him as I quickly return to Asher while sliding my wrapped brownie into my purse.

"Come on, we've got a situation. We need to get to your room ASAP." I tell him as I grab his hand and pull him towards the exit.

When we step inside Asher's room, to say I'm surprised by what I see is an understatement. Brock is pacing between Brandon's bed and the door, letting out intermittent whines of distress. Brandon is huddled into the far corner of his bed rocking back and forth with a blank look on his pale face. And... there is a sheet of metal screwed into the wall where a window should be.

Oh, Brock, what did you do?

A/N: Please Comment and Vote!