Epilogue 2 - P.P.S.

Asher's POV

 Tuesday, December 6, 2033

5 more years later...

I slowly make my way into Alyssa's room, carrying my sleepy daughter in my arms. I loved hearing her sweet young howl rise up with the rest of the pack at Felix's mating ceremony tonight. I carry her over and lay her down on her bed, pulling the covers up and tucking her in nice and tight before sitting next to her.

"Did you have fun tonight, baby girl?" I ask as I brush her curly brown locks away from her face.

Alyssa smiles brightly. "Yes! I can't wait until I get to do that. How will I know when I meet my mate, daddy?"

"Well, you know, when I met your mother I was still human, so it wasn't the same for me as it will be for you. What I can tell you is that the moment I saw her, I felt it, deep down. I knew that I would do anything to make her mine. She tells me that she followed her nose to me, but I followed my heart to her. No matter the way you find your mate, you will know, don't worry."

"I can't wait to meet my mate, daddy." She says before letting out an adorable yawn.

"Well you still have many years until that day, but when it happens, it will be the best day of your life." I whisper as I kiss her forehead before getting up and heading toward the door. "Goodnight, princess."

"Goodnight daddy." She says and I watch as she smiles happily up at her ceiling.

I turn on her nightlight before flipping off the main light switch and walking out of her room, pulling the door closed behind me. I'm surprised to see a heavily pregnant Ivy standing in the hallway with tears in her eyes. "What's wrong, love?" I ask as I wipe away the tears from her cheeks

She smiles shakily before saying, "Nothing, I'm just so happy. I remember having a conversation just like that with my dad when I was her age. I just couldn't wait to find my mate. And you are right. It was the best day of my life when I finally found you. You smelled like mine."

A/N: This is the end of the line for Asher and Ivy, but you can see them again in the next installment. 'You Smell Like... Magic - Book 2 in the You Smell series' is up, so check it out. Thanks so much for reading!