Chapter 40 - Bite Me

Ivy's POV

As we near the cabin, I feel Asher tense with nerves. I have to admit that I'm quite nervous as well. It helps a bit knowing that this will be his first time, too, though. I have no doubt that it will be special no matter what happens. Besides that, we still have one more rite to perform before that happens. I really hope that this doesn't freak him out. When we reach the door, Asher pushes it open but stops me from going in. I give him a questioning look and he smiles before he sweeps me up into his arms.

"Sorry I had to open the door first, but I'm not so deluded that I think I'm smooth enough to open it while holding you without dropping you." He says with a wink.

I can't hold back my giggle. "You are plenty smooth enough for me, love."

"Well, that is all I really need now isn't it?" Asher asks as he lowers me back to my feet.

"Of course." I say as I turn to look at the room we are in. I haven't been in one of these cabins in a while, and I had forgotten how little they had. The only furniture in here is a large king sized bed and a pair of matching nightstands, and the only other room in this cabin is a bathroom. Our bags are set up on either nightstand, so I head over to mine. "I'm going to freshen up a bit and change for bed. You can go after me, ok?" I feel my cheeks heat when I say bed, but I ignore it.

"Yeah," Asher clears his throat, "yeah, that's fine."

With a nod, I take my things into the bathroom. I pull my dress over my head as I walk over to the sink. Turning on the water I splash a bit on my face to try to calm my nerves. I peer at my reflection and realize that I need to thoroughly wash my face because now I have mascara running down my face. When that is done, I carefully pull all of the flowers out of my hair before twisting it into a long braid down my back. I then go to my bag and pull out my nightgown. It is blue satin the same color as my eyes and stops at about mid-thigh. The spaghetti straps will make it quite easy for Asher to reach my neck. I slip off my bra before pulling the nightie down over my head and with one more peek at myself in the mirror I exit the bathroom.

Asher is standing against the wall when I walk out, and his eyes go wide when he sees me. This boosts my confidence a bit, so with a saucy wink and gesture to the bathroom. "It's all yours."

Without a word, he steps over and I can't suppress my giggle as he bumps into the door frame. He shakes his head but keeps going as he mumbles under his breath about how smooth he looks now. I take my bag back to my nightstand before crawling onto the bed and trying to find a comfortable position. I stop fidgeting when I hear the door click open and I catch my first glimpse of Asher in nothing but a pair of black basketball shorts. I feel my mouth go dry as I look at him. I know he has been secretly training with Brandon because of a cute little obsession he has with besting Emersyn in a wrestling match. It has definitely added some definition to his muscles.

'Mmmm... Our mate looks delicious. I can't wait to sink my teeth into him.' Emersyn says while practically salivating.

'Stop it! I can't take that right now. You are going to make me drool, and then he won't want to come anywhere near us.' I scold causing her to, thankfully, go back to her corner.

Asher is so nervous that he doesn't even glance up as he makes his way over to sit his things on the nightstand, so he doesn't see my awe. He finally looks at me when he turns to get on the bed. He is sitting so close to the edge that I'm worried he might fall off.

"You're going to need to come a bit closer, love." I tell him softly.

He rolls his eyes at himself before scooting up next to me. "Sorry, I'm trying not to be nervous, but clearly I'm failing miserably."

"That's ok. I'm nervous, too, so we can be nervous together." I say trying to comfort him. "Are you ready for this?" 

"Of course. I'm not really sure how to start, though. You said that my teeth would be able to change but I don't feel any different." He tells me sounding concerned.

"Don't worry, that's normal. When it's time, your instincts will kick in and you will know just what to do." I reassure him before leaning in closer to him. "Just relax." When I get closer, I press my nose into the crook of his neck and take a deep breath. "Mmmm, my scent intermingled with yours is fantastic." I whisper. He shivers when I replace my nose with my lips and brush a soft kiss over his warm skin. "I'm going to bite you now, is that okay?" I ask as I allow my canines to extend and then I scrape them over his flesh.

"Y-y-yes. That's good."He practically moans.

I find the spot that I want and carefully lick over it before quickly biting down. Asher's sharp intake of breath almost has me stopping until I feel his hand come up to tangle in my hair holding me in place. I slowly pull my teeth from his skin and suckle over the puncture before licking it until the bleeding stops completely. He tastes delicious, and I don't want to stop so I give him a few more open-mouthed kisses over the wound before pulling back. When I can finally see his face, I'm surprised by the glazed over expression on it.

"That was so much different than I thought it would be." Asher says with a shy smile. "I was expecting it to hurt, but that was.... it was incredible."

"I would never intentionally cause you pain, baby. I'm glad you liked it though. Are you ready to reciprocate?" I ask eagerly.

"Yeah, but what do I do?" He asks.

"Just place your face close to my neck, my scent should bring on the change." I explain breathlessly as he starts to move forward. I tilt my head to the side so that he has better access and hold my breath as I wait. The soft moan that escapes my lips can't be helped when I feel him run his nose up the side of my neck. I begin to tremble when I feel him press his lips against the place where my neck meets my shoulder. He pulls back in surprise after a moment and I giggle as he pokes his newly extended canines. "It's ok, love. That is exactly what was supposed to happen. Just keep going." I urge him. He moves back to my neck and I revel in the sensation of the sharp points of his canines lightly caressing my skin. When he suddenly strikes forward piercing my neck, I gasp. The feeling is amazing, warm and tingly. He pulls back after a moment then he begins cleaning my wound with his tongue and I almost die. The tenderness Asher shows as he cares for the bite that he gave me has me melting.

"Is it weird if I say that your blood is the best thing I have ever tasted in my entire life?" He asks me when he sits back up.

"I don't think so, but I might not be the best judge on that because I thought the same thing about yours." I say with a crooked grin.

"So... what? Am I a werewolf now?" Asher questions.

"Well, not quite. But within the next few hours, the change will occur." I explain. My nerves start to come back when I realize what is to happen next. But as I gaze at Asher, I realize that I have nothing to worry about because I know that he will take care of me. So with a deep breath, I keep my eyes on his while I slowly lower the straps to my gown. As my nightgown falls down to my waist, I bring my hand to Asher's cheek and pull him in for a sensual kiss. His immediate return of the kiss is all the reassurance I need, so with that, I offer myself fully to my mate, my husband, my love.

A/N: Thanks for reading! Please don't forget to Comment and Vote! Happy Reading!