Chapter 32 - Plans Change

Ivy's POV

"Scooch your booch, Emily. We have to get going. I still have so much to do." I tell Emily as soon as she enters our room. "It's already 3:15 and Asher is going to be there by about 6, so I'm running out of time." I whine.

"Get your panties out of a twist woman, I already have my things ready. I just need to change clothes really quick and then we can go. If you were in this much of a hurry you should have just ridden with Brock and Brandon." She huffs as she goes to her closet.

I don't tell her that I only stayed so that I could escort her onto my pack lands. I almost didn't invite her to the party because she will be the only other human there apart from Asher. He has gotten used to seeing wolves around so no one has to worry about shifting. I decided to invite her though because she has still been acting standoffish and I really want to be closer. So after warning the pack on the threat of dismemberment to either remain in human form or stay out of sight, I asked her to come. I was surprised by how eagerly she agreed but pleased that she was going to be there to celebrate my mate's birthday.

I turn to check my bag, making sure I have everything and giving Emily privacy to change. When I turn back to her, I'm stunned. She is always cute, but right now she is breathtaking. She is wearing a knee-length dark green lace dress paired with black high-heels. She let her hair down from the bun that it was in and it is flowing down her back with a slight wave, the glossy brown perfectly complementing the green of her dress.

 She let her hair down from the bun that it was in and it is flowing down her back with a slight wave, the glossy brown perfectly complementing the green of her dress

^^Emily's dress^^

"Wow, Emily. You look beautiful. I've never seen you wear a dress before." I gush.

She smiles her trademark shy smile as she ducks her head. "Well, I've never met your family before and I wanted to look nice." I can tell there is more to it, but before I can question her, she continues," Besides, this is a party isn't it? People wear dresses to parties."

" I didn't mean you shouldn't." I say quickly," I am just surprised is all. You do look amazing, though. Did you remember to pack the clothes I gave you for later?"

"Yep. They are in the bag I already put in my car." Emily grabs her purse before turning to me. "Ready when you are."

"Ok, come on."

When we get to the parking lot, I quickly slide into the passenger's seat while shoving my bag onto the back seat next to Emily's as she gets into the driver's seat. She tells me to buckle up before pulling out of the lot and then we are off. Thirty minutes later we pull up to the gate and upon seeing me, the guard lets us in.

As we reach the house, I see two of my pack-mates hanging a banner over the front entrance that reads "Happy Birthday Asher!" in bright blue. Heading inside I go straight to the kitchen to check on the progress of dinner. The room is bustling when we walk in, food and people everywhere. The scent of spices is heavy in the air from the large variety of Mexican dishes, Asher's favorite food, that I asked some of the pack females to prepare. I thank them before pulling Emily through the house to the backyard to check on the rest of the preparations.