Chapter 33 - All Tied Up

Asher's POV

When I open my eyes, I see the woman from the road standing a few feet away staring at me. My head swims for a moment when I turn to take in my surroundings. I force back the feeling of nausea and see that I'm in a windowless room with only a dim bulb hanging from the ceiling lighting the space. The floors and walls are made up of concrete and as I glance down at myself I see that I am tied to a metal chair directly in the center of the room.

Noticing that I am awake, the blonde haired woman smiles at me. It is in no way reassuring. I try to think of something, anything that I could do to get out of this situation but I come up blank. Just then, I hear a door opening from somewhere behind me as light momentarily floods the room before being shut out again by the closing of the door. Footsteps sound and it suddenly occurs to me that I must be in a basement based on the creaks I hear coming from what I can only assume is a staircase.

When the footsteps stop directly behind me I feel a hand grip my hair before yanking my head back. I barely catch sight of a greasy haired man out of my peripheral vision when I feel a wet tongue running up the side of my face. I try to wrench my head away in disgust but he keeps hold of me. I almost gag from the foul stench of him, it smells as though he hasn't showered or brushed his teeth in weeks.

" Your blood is sweet. I can't wait to taste more of it." He whispers right next to my ear before releasing my head with a shove and walking around to stand in front of me.

" Who are you? What do you want?" I ask in the strongest voice I can manage, which, if I'm being honest, isn't very strong at all. I'm scared. I don't know what's going on, but I do know that these people want to hurt me and there is nothing I can do to stop them.

"I am Alpha Logan Raines of the Black Forest Pack and I want the land that my pack deserves." He sneers at me. "And you are going to help me get it."

^^Alpha Logan Raines^^

I know that name. Ivy has mentioned this pack to me before. They have been trying to find a way to take over The Crimson River lands which Ivy says if laughable because they only have about a quarter of the wolves.

"I won't help you." I say determinedly.

"You stupid human. You already are. We have you, and they will give us what we want or we will kill you. There is no way the Alpha will let his precious sister live without her mate so he will surrender." He tells me smugly.

"Why are you talking to him, Alpha. Just leave him. He's pathetic." The blonde says with venom.

"Shut up, Samara. I don't need any of your lip. It's your fault we didn't get the girl in the first place." He bites out at her.

I laugh. I tried not to, but it burst out anyway. I can't even find it in me to be surprised when his fist connects with my cheek. Even with the blinding pain in my face, I can only lessen my laughter down to a disbelieving chuckle.

"You can't seriously believe that this will work out for you. I mean, your pack is a fraction of the size of theirs, and if I know my mate, you won't live to see another day. She doesn't take kindly to people hurting me, crikey, she goes crazy when someone even thinks about causing me harm. I don't know how you got it into your head that she is the 'Alpha's precious sister' as you called her. His sister, she is, but precious she is not, well not to anyone but me. Ivy will come for you and when she does she will laugh as she bathes in your blood." My tone started out disbelievingly but by the time I finish speaking I'm practically growling at him.

I have lost my amusement at his stupidity. Now I am furious. I can't even imagine what Ivy is going through right now. I have no idea how much time passed by while I was unconscious and without windows down here, I can't even tell if it's dark out. In any case, there is no way that she doesn't know that I was taken by now. She and Emersyn must be going crazy. I have the fleeting thought that I should try to get out of this and back to her before I realize how stupid that would be. If I try anything I will just end up getting myself killed, after all, I am still only human. I have no hope of even defending myself against these much stronger beings. I just need to remain calm and keep my mouth shut for a while. I only have to buy some time because I'm not worried that this man's plan will succeed. I know that I will survive. I also know that they won't risk hurting me too badly if they can help it because I am the only leverage that they have.

Most of all, I know Ivy will come for me.

A/N: Thanks for reading! Please Vote and Comment.