Chapter 18 - Seriously, Dude?

Asher's POV

Walking away from Ivy gets harder every time I have to do it. I am somewhat comforted this time, though, due to our earlier declarations of love. She loves me. I want to scream it from the rooftops. This beautiful, amazing girl loves me. I make my way across campus to Slater House to pick up the bag I packed for myself this morning and call my parents to come to pick me up.

Over the last few days, I have made it a habit to always knock before entering my room, trying to avoid a repeat of walking in on Brock and Brandon's man love. However, knowing that Brandon left for home hours ago, this time I don't. I'm almost as surprised by what I find now as I was upon interrupting the make-out session.

Brock is here, alone. He has seemingly removed all of the clothing that Brandon left in his closet before piling it on the floor, and now he is rolling around in it. I'm not really sure how to take this. I clear my throat, but he doesn't acknowledge me. I clear my throat louder this time, but when I still get no response, I take a few steps closer to him before squatting down and poking his shoulder. His head snaps up, and the look in his eyes almost has me falling over. He looks so heartbroken. "Hey man, are you alright?" I ask, not really sure what else to do.

"No. He's gone. He left me, and he won't let me visit him. How am I supposed to make it two whole days without him?" The whimpered reply doesn't make me feel any better about his current state.

I reach out and pat his shoulder, " I know what you mean. Ivy just left, too."

"Yeah, but you could totally visit her if you wanted. Her family won't care. Brandon said I couldn't come because he didn't want his dad to know about me. He is ashamed of me." His voice steadily grew quieter as he spoke, until the last bit came out as nothing more than a cracked whisper.

"Come on, don't think like that. He isn't ashamed, he just hasn't come out yet. And with the way you two act around each other, it would be really hard to explain. I'm sure he will tell his folks soon, and then everything will be fine." I try to reassure him.

"You really think so?" He asks hopefully.

"Yeah, of course. He is obviously crazy about you." I say confidently. He smiles broadly before returning to his game of rolling on Brandon's clothes, however, now it seems like he is enjoying himself. I think back to what he said before. "Hey Brock, do you really think it would be ok if I visited Ivy this weekend?"

He looks back at me,"Duh, and anyway, I'm staying at her house this weekend, so I hereby invite you to come. Maybe you could surprise her. Do you have a car?"

"Yeah, I just didn't bring it here because I don't need it on campus." I tell him.

"Alright, I'll text you the address. She will probably be training with the pa- uh- family until about 2, so how about you come around 3. I'll be sure to tell the guards you are coming so you won't have any trouble getting in." He gets up and starts putting Brandon's clothes back. I notice him pocketing a pair of his boxers. Gross.

" Guards?" I question him.

"Uh, yeah. It's a pretty big estate, so you know... guards." He answers as if that makes total sense. Eh, whatever.

Just then a thought occurs to me. "Um... Brock? How did you get in here anyway? I know the door was locked when I left earlier."

He smiles widely. "I borrowed Brandon's key and made a copy."

I shake my head at him. "Dude, not cool." He just laughs. "Alright, well I guess I'll see you tomorrow then?" I ask as he heads toward the door.

"Yeah man, see you then." He tosses over his shoulder as he leaves the room. I grab my bag before quickly sending a text to my mom.

ME- Hey mom, I'm ready. Can you please come get me?

MOM- Be there in 15

ME- Thanks

When I climb into the backseat of the car, my dad smiles at me before backing out of the parking lot. My mom turns to face me, "How was your first week, honey?" she asks.

I sigh happily, thinking back on the wonderful time I have been having with Ivy. "It was amazing, Mom. Absolutely amazing."

^^Asher's Parents^^

^^Asher's Parents^^

A/N Thank you for reading! So, let's take a vote.... Brock- creepy or cute? Please Vote and Comment!