Chapter 19- Home Sweet Home

^^Julianna, AKA Ivy's Mom^^

Ivy's POV

When we arrive at the pack house, I'm not surprised when my mom comes rushing out. I quickly get out of the car and race towards her. We collide in a bone-crushing hug and I just laugh. I've missed this woman. My dad laughs at us before saying, "That's enough for now, Julianna. She needs to get settled."

 When she releases me, I walk back to the car to get my bag before taking my things inside and up to my room. The pack house is situated in the center of our territory, surrounded by trees on all sides with only one road leading to it. It has 3 floors, well that is if you don't include the basement that we use for weight training. The first floor is for the adult unmated males, but also includes the living room, kitchen, and dining hall. The second floor is for unmated adult females as well as teenagers. The third floor is for all mated pairs and their younger children. The house is set up this way as a security precaution. A lot of wolves would have to be taken out before anyone could reach our pups.

 A lot of wolves would have to be taken out before anyone could reach our pups

^^The Crimson River Pack House^^

After dropping my things off, I head back down and straight to the kitchen where I know my mother will be with some of the other pack females making dinner. I join them in preparing the feast while being grilled about Asher. By the time we are done, the house has become loud as everyone makes their way to the dining hall. I have really missed this.

The next morning, I'm woken early to go on a run with the pack. It feels so nice to be here, running free. Emersyn is loving it, too, though neither of us can wait to return to Asher. We run for hours, spanning the entirety of our territory. When we finish, I join the pack warriors for training. I love this. When we are told to pair up for sparring, I make a show of calling out Brock. He looks surprised at first, but after some jeering from some of the other guys about him being scared of a girl, he accepts my invitation with a gleam in his eyes.

I know I look completely outmatched. I'm 5'8 and weigh 150 pounds, my muscles are toned but lean. Standing next to Brock, I look minuscule. He has almost a foot and a good hundred pounds on me. Nevertheless, I know I can take him. I smile sweetly at him as he stalks forward, looking determined to win this match. Instead of sparring like they should, the others surround us placing bets on the winner.