Chapter 8: Obstacles in life, Obstacles on the field

Y/n pov:

Fumikage and I watched each other as I collected my things. I ignore him as I walk towards the door. Right before I pass him to leave his door, I hear his voice.

"Stay away from her" he said with his back turned to me.

"And who by chance would you be talking about?" I asked him without facing him.

"Tsuyu. Stay away from her" he said in a non-expressive tone. "For her safety and yours."

"Tch, who I hang around with isn't your concern" I said in an annoyed tone. "What's the worse thing you can do?"

"At the moment, defeat you at the sports festival. Consider me your rival Y/n" he told me.

I stood there not sure what to do or say. It's not like I had any issues with him. Sure he glared at me a few times but I hadn't said or did anything to him right?

"What do you gain from all this?" I asked him.

"Satisfaction in knowing my quirk is stronger than yours" he responded. "And once I defeat you...I want you to forget that crush you have on Tsuyu."

*INSERT CRASH SOUND EFFECT*

"Huh?" I said dumbfound.

Fumikage turns around and begins to walk out of the classroom. He stops and turns his head to look at me one last time.

"Once I beat you at the sports festival, I'm gonna confess to Tsuyu" he stated. "I won't let you win her heart."

After saying all that he walks down the hall. I stood there in shock at just what happened. Why would he tell me that unless....does he think I like Tsuyu?!?

"Well what are you gonna do? Are you gonna let him take your mate like that?" I hear Zwei ask me.

"She's not my mate!!! We're just friends" I shout in frustration. I begin to walk home, ignoring my heart as it beats to Tsuyu's name.

[ Timeskip short with Tsuyu laying down on Y/n's lap as they both stare at the night sky.]

After a few days, the sports festival had arrive. I watch the TV in the locker room with everyone in class 1-A were waiting for the opening ceremony to begin. With Present Mic and Mr. Aizawa (weirdly enough) commentating, the crowd was bursting with excitement.

"Nervous?" Zwei asks me mentally.

"A little bit to be honest" I tell him. "I can't help but think of what Fumikage said to us. I can't help but be bothered by what he said."

"Because he wants your mate?" He asked me.

"She's not...nevermind. No because he thinks that his quirk is stronger than you" I told him.

"Guess we'll just have to prove him wrong" he said. "We're partners."

I didn't respond as I try to formulate a plan. Despite not knowing any of the events, I still tried to think of possible scenarios and outcomes. Being so wrapped up in my thoughts, I didn't hear the footsteps approaching me. Suddenly I felt something touching my shoulder. I turn around to see Tsuyu looking at me.

"Y/n are you ok ribbit?" Tsuyu asked me. I looked in her eyes and saw she was concern about me.

"Oh yeah I'm fine" I tell her. "Sorry if I worried you Tsuyu."

"It's ok but whatever was bothering you so much that you looked you were about to start mumbling like Izuku" Tsuyu whispered as Izuku sneezes.

I smile at her small joke. I open my mouth respond but as soon as I open my mouth, we're called to get the opening ceremony started. I stand up and walk alongside Tsuyu. We walk with the class and from the corner of my eye, I see Fumikage glaring at me. I ignore him as we continue to walk.