Chapter 36: Sacrifice

Tsuyu Pov

"Ugh this guy's quick!"

"If only Iida was here!"

I listened to Todoroki and Ochako comment as we continue to follow the villain in the trenchcoat. Not only did they capture Bakugo, but they also captured Tokoyami.

I take a quick glance around as Todoroki, Ochako, Shouji, Midoriya and I stayed on his trail. After dodging Todoroki's earlier attack, they managed to stay ahead of us.

"If we don't hurry, they're gonna get away" I said between breaths.

"We can't give up. Not yet" Midoriya said from Shouji's back. " We can't give up till we rescued our friends!"

"How? With every step, they're getting further away" Shouji exclaimed.

"Uraraka you need to make us float" Midoriya strained to say.

"Huh?" Ochako replied with a confused look.

"And Asui. You launch us as far as you can with your tongue!"

"Ribbit" I said as I nodded.

"And Shouji. Carry Todoroki and I on your back as you use your quick to change our trajectory as we float." Midoriya explained as we all begin to obey his orders.

I couldn't help but be amazed at how determined Midoriya was to rescuing out friends. Even with all those injuries, he was still risking it all to save people.

We all stop as I wrap my tongue around the three boys as Ochako touched them to take away their gravity.

"Ok go ahead Tsu" Ochako said to me.

"You guys better hold on tight" I warned them as I twirled my body and flung them. I watched as they got closer to the villain before colliding and began falling down.

"Looks like it was a success ribbit."

Suddenly the bushes behind Ochako and I began to make sounds. We turn around and prepare ourselves in case of another villain. As we watched, a figure came out as my eyes grew bigger.

Midoriya Pov

Once we had landed from the sky, we found ourselves surrounded by the remaining villains. However as we're were falling, Shouji managed to steal the marbles away from the villain. Unfortunately as we were trying to escape we ended seeing a nomu and to make things worse, the warp villain from the USJ appeared as well.

He created portals so the villains could leave and that's when the trenchcoat villain revealed that he still had the real marbles. The ones we had were just pieces from Todoroki's ice.

How could this happen? How is it that we were so close and yet we still messed up?

"You can't do this! Give them back!" I yelled as I ran towards the villain.

"And now for one last bow and the curtains shall fal-" the villain started to say but a beam of light appeared and struck them in the face.

I turned my head as followed it back to it's source. There, standing behind some bushes, was Aoyama!

"Gah!" The villain grunted as he opened mouth. This had caused the marbles to fall out of his mouth.

"Now!" Shouji yelled as he and Todoroki both  stretched out their arms.

Despite how much I tried, my injuries finally took their toll as I fell to the ground. I lifted my head from the ground as I watched Shouji grab the marble closest to him. However just before Todoroki could grab the other one, the  burnt villain snatched it away from him.

"Confirm it now. Release them" he ordered the other villain.

"That laser ruined my exit" grumbled the trenchcoat villain as he snapped his fingers.

We watched as both orbs glowed before expanding. Now falling above Shouji was Kacchan so that meant...

I turned my head a burnt villain placed his hand around Tokoyami's neck as his body began to vanish into the portal.

"Tsk. Seems like we're stuck with the consolation prize" he complained as pulled Tokoyami in as well.

I gripped the ground in frustration as I tried to get back up but I couldn't. Even though we were trying to rescue Kacchan, he now ended up the one who needed saving.  I can't believe that we failed to save him...I closed my eyes as I clenched my teeth.

"That's what you think!"

I looked up quickly as watched a figure fall towards the portal. With a his momentum, he crashed into Tokoyami's side, pushing him away. I watched as he fell to the ground as the portal closed. I gasped as I try to comprehend what had just happened.

I look around to see that everyone had a shocked expression.

"Deku!"

I sat up as I turned my head to behind me. There I saw Uraraka and Asui running at us. I look down in shame as the girls got closer.

"Looks like you guys did it! Wait...where Y/n?" Uraraka asked.

Nobody said anything as the silence lingered with a sense of shame.

"Midoriya...where Y/n?" I heard Tsuyu ask.

I look up to see her eyes watering as the realization of the situation began to sink in.

"He's gone..."

I turned to see Tokoyami smash his fist into a tree as he placed his head on it.

"He pushed me out of the way...but got caught in the portal instead...."

I heard Uraraka gasp and Tsuyu fell to her knees.

"No...no that can't be true..." Tsuyu said as tears began to fall. "He can't be gone...."

Y/n Pov

I groan in pain as I felt myself hit what felt like wood. After asking both Ochako and Tsuyu to fling me in the direction of the others, I manage to push Fumikage away from a portal.

"Who is that? That's not who our target was!"

I open my eyes as they tried to to focus. God why was it so bright...wait...bright? As my I eyes focused, I realized I was in some bar. But two people stood out immediately. It was the purple mist villain from before and the blue hair leader.

I immediately got to my feet but before I could do anything, I felt a hand around my neck from behind. I turn my head a I saw a villain with some serious burns glaring at me.

"I wouldn't try anything if I was you. One wrong move and I'll burn you into a crisp" he threatened me.

"Tsk" was all I said as I looked at him in anger.

"So what do you want to do with him?" He asked the blue hair leader.

"I don't care. Kill him if you want so badly" he said as if I wasn't any more than a inconvenience.

"Hold that thought young Shiragaki. If I remember correctly, this is the boy Malice wanted" the warp villain told him.

"Was he? Tsk fine. Lock him away. Either way he'll still do to destroy the trust in heroes and in this hero society."

Without another moment to lose, I got dragged into what looked like a storage room and got tied behind into a chair.

I watched as the burnt villain slammed the door behind as he left the room. I tried to move my wrist but I couldn't budge them. I sighed as I close my eyes.

"Well it looks like we're in a bad spot" I whispered.

"No thanks to you. What exactly was your plan there?" Zwei said as he criticize my recent actions.

I stayed quiet since I knew he had a point. What I did was nothing short of reckless. Sure I saved Fumikage but now I'm stuck here.

"Tsu's gonna kill me next time she sees me..."

"I hope she does. Someone obviously needs to knock some sense into you"*

"Yeah I guess so..." I said before looking at the door. No matter what, I will see her again.