Chapter 11: ...Through pain you find love

Narrator pov

"Welcome back everybody!! It's time to start the final event!!" Present Mic shouted as the crowd erupted in cheers. "Beside me, we have Eraserhead and a mystery guest. Here on a Hero's exchange program, coming all the way from America, the Japanese-American hero Jinkage!!"

The class 1A students looked at the announcer's box to see a man with H/c hair. Tsuyu stared at him for a bit. For some reason, he reminded her of Y/n but couldn't figure out why.

"Thank you for the introduction Present Mic. Now we shouldn't keep the audience waiting any longer" Jinkage said. "Now to bring out the first competitors!"

"Coming out now, placing first in the obstacle race...Izuku Midoriya!!" shouted Present Mic. Izuku walked out with a serious look on his face. He walked till he was near the center of the stage. "And for his opponent, she managed to score 1300 points for her team in the cavalry battle, Toru Hagakure!!"

From the other side, floating clothes walked out and began to head towards the stadium. Even though nobody could tell, Toru had a smile on her face. Surly she must of stood out, despite being invisible. She walked till she was a few feet from Izuku.

Finally a buzzer echoed through the stadium, starting the fight. Izuku ran towards Toru in hopes to push her out of the stadium without hurting her to badly, but stopped when her jacket landed on his face. He quickly took it off and saw that her gym pant were laying on the ground.

"So she's using her quirk to keep her hidden from me..." Izuku thought to himself.

He looked around him to see if there was a way to determine where she was. Suddenly he was being pushed from behind towards the line. He reached around in hope to grab but immediately stopped feeling being pushed. He looked around again to see if there was any way to determine where she could be.

Then he heard faint footsteps from behind. He turned around and felt his finger brush something as it backed up.

"That's how..." Izuku thought an idea dawned on him.

He stood still and closed his eyes. He carefully listened to his surrounding. He felt a breeze pass by him and heard footsteps rush towards him from behind once again. He turned around and stuck his arm out in front of him.

*Squish*

"....huh?" Izuku said as he blinked.

*Squish squish*

"Kyaaa!!!" Toru shouted at the top of her lungs.

Next thing Izuku knew he was on the floor with his cheek burning. He was dazed but soon began to turn red. He saw Toru's clothes running towards the entrance of the tunnel. The crowd stared at Izuku confused as to what just happened.

"Umm... the winner of the first round due to ring out is Izuku Midoriya!" Present Mic said. "What do you think happen Jinkage? Huh where did he go??"

Y/n pov

I began to head towards the sitting area for our class as I yawn. I can't believe that I managed to sleep through my alarm. I peeked through my eyes to see Zwei walking beside me. He thought I needed more rest so he didn't wake me up. I sighed knowing that this was my partner.

"Hey kid there's someone up ahead" Zwei said.

I looked up to see a guy with H/c hair walking towards us. For some reason he looked familiar but I was pretty sure I didn't know him. He stopped in front of Zwei and me. He wore a simple dark blue t-shirt and black jeans. He had a smile on his face as he looked over Zwei and me.

"Umm can I help you?" I asked him, a bit uncomfortable of the way he looked at me.

"Oh sorry didn't mean to creep you out" He said with embarrassed smile. " I'm Lukas, a friend of your uncle and your mother."

That's when it clicked. He was the guy from the picture. He was Diego's and my mother's childhood friend. I looked at him in shock. This man knew my mom...

" I'm Y/n, a pleasure to meet you" I said to him.

"So I'm guessing he's your quirk?" He asked tilting his head at Zwei.

"Yeah he is, but he's more than a quirk. He's my partner and my friend" I told him. I looked at Zwei and he nodded at me with a smile on his face.

"Interesting...you have an interesting quirk there. It's similar to mine..." He said but something about his voice sounded off to me.

"Umm...Mr. Lukas sir..."I started to say but Lukas raised one of his hands.

"Please just Lukas. We're practically family" He said with a smile.

"Ok...well Lukas I was wondering...could you tell me about my mother...when she was younger?" I asked cautionly.

He looked surprise at my question but immediately smiled. His eyes filled with happiness but I could see some sadness. Almost like he lost someone special to him. Guess the three of them must of been close as kids.

"Your mom...she was the type of person who always managed to keep a smile on her face. Even the days where you felt you couldn't smile, she'll be that light the you needed" Lukas said as his eyes watered a bit. " She always believed that love could heal even the deepest cuts to the heart."

I listened closely to everything he said about her. How she would manage to bail him and Diego out of trouble or how she was the most popular girl at school. He told me the day she first showed him her quirk. I teared up at how happy my mom sounded when she was younger.

" She was cheesy and a hopeless romantic as well" Lukas chuckled at what he said. " There was a quote she'd always say in Spanish that she loved. If I remember right I think it went like this. Dicen que cuando nos enamoramos de una persona a primera vista es porque esa persona fue nuestro amor en otra vida."

I looked down as I played that quote in my mind. For some reason Tsuyu popped into my head. Her smile, her laugh...everything about her made me smile. I looked up to see Lukas smiling at me as I blush.

"You were thinking of someone weren't you? Well let me give you some advice if you're willing to listen" He asked me. I simply nod since I was too embarrassed to answer back. "If there someone out there who you'd be willing to give your life to, let her know. Life is a fragile thing. The people you love could disappear with warning. Don't live in regret...trust it's something no one deserves to live through."

I open to ask him what he meant but he raised his hand again. He shook his head and looked at me directly in my eyes.

"There's one last thing I want to tell you. If there's ever a girl in your life that you think you love, ask yourself these three things" He said in a serious tone as he out three fingers up. "One if she lost a limb, would you still love her? Two if she lost all her hair, would you still love her? Three if she couldn't move a muscle, would you still love her? If you say no to any of these, then you don't really love her. Cause any of these could happen."

I looked at him in shock as he said that to me. These kind of advice were harsh but true. I honestly never thought of that. Lukas stood up and began to head down the hallway.

"Sorry to make things kind of serious Y/n. You should to the stage and cheer on your friends" He said to me. "And good luck with your match. I know your mom would be proud."

I turn to look at him as he raised an arm to wave me off. I smile at him and began to walk to seating area. He seemed like a good guy. I'm glad mom had a friend like him. Little did I know that Lukas was thinking something else.

"So that was Y/n..." Lukas thought to himself. "He definitely looked like she described him. A perfect combination of her and me. Wish I could of been the father he deserved...and give him the family she wanted him to have...."