Chapter 25: Mina's Suggestion

Y/n pov

/n

/n!

"Y/n!"

"Huh what?" I say as I broke out of my daze. I look around to see Izuku waving a hand in front of my face from across the lunch table. I look to my sides to see Tsuyu and Ochako giving me concern looks. "Sorry what did you say?"

I watch as they all look at each other before looking back me. It doesn't take a scientist to realize that I made them worry about me.

"I asked you how you feel about this whole challenge from your old school" Izuku said carefully.

"Well to be honest...I'm not sure. Even though I was only at the school for a month before transferring here, I've known the those for longer than I'd like" I tell them.

I was gonna say more till the bell starting to ring, ending lunch. We threw away our trash and walked towards our next class. As we do, Tsuyu walks beside me as she look at me.

"Are you sure your gonna be ok Y/n?" She whispered to me

"Yeah I'll be ok as long as I have you" I whispered back I wink at her.

She blushes as she faces forward as we continue to walk. I chuckle as she looks cute. After changing in the locker rooms into our hero suits, we make it to our hero class. We stood among our class when I see Mina heading my way. I look around to see Tsuyu talking to Momo and Kyoka. I sigh as Mina stands beside me.

"So how's dating Tsuyu going?" She asks with a sly smile.

"Well since this is the first time we're out in public, I'd say it's going well" I tell her.

"So...when are you going on another date?" She asks me.

"The first one wasn't a date really...and honestly I'm not sure. It's looks like we're gonna be busy for a while" I reply.

"Well maybe it's because of that you should take her on one" she says.

"What do you mean?" I asked her with a puzzled expression.

"Well we're gonna be stressed out with studying for the written exam right? So wouldn't it be smart to go on a date to help relax?" She tells me.

"I guess..." I say hesitantly. I won't dent it does make sense but still...

"Now that everyone is here, I'll explain what we're gonna do" All Might started to say. "Now since the midterms are almost here, everyone is allowed to train how they'd like. However the five that are participating in the event against Signal, please stay before heading out to train."

Everyone went off to find spot where they could practice as we stayed behind. Kyoka stood nervous as Fumikage stood slightly separated from us. Not sure what All Might wanted to say to us as he looked at all of us.

"Now the reason I have you here is because we need to choose a leader for the competition. So I figured I'd let you all to decide" He tells us.

We a look at each as we decide on who to decide to choose. Well I knew that I had no interest in being it. It's gonna be complicated enough facing my past. I don't want to add any more fuel to that fire.

"I think it should be Y/n" Mina said.

Huh?

"What?" Fumikage asked.

"Well it makes the most sense. He knows everyone we're facing and knows their abilities" Kyoka agreed.

The three girls seem to be in agreement as I stood there. I didn't want to demotivate them but I don't know if I'm qualified.

"Well if no one is gonna say anything, it looks like we have our leader" All Might said. "Young Y/n congrats on being leader."

"Thanks. I'll um do my best" I say as I put on a force smile.

With that being over, we were dismissed to start our training. I wasn't sure how this was gonna turn out but no matter what, I'll do my best.

"Y/n"

I turned to see Fumikage standing behind. I glared at me as I glared back. Clearly we weren't on good terms and he probably wasn't happy with me being leader.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"We need to talk" he said.

[Timeskip as Satsuki and Zwei nap under the shade of a tree]

The days passed by I studied and trained for midterms. Before I knew it, the weekend was approaching us. Tsuyu and I haven't really talked outside of school on account a we were trying our best to prepare ourselves. I sat at my desk I close my notes as I lean back on the chair. I glance at my phone as Mina's words repeated themselves in my head. I didn't want to bother her but I did want to see her...

"Will you hurry up and just message her?" Zwei says in a annoyed voice. "Seriously the worst thing she can do is say no."

"It's not just that Zwei. I don't want to seem selfish. She's working hard to pass. I just don't want to seem like slacking off" I tell him.

"I'm sure she won't think that partner. Beside she may be wanting to see you too" Zwei responded.

I sat there debating on what to do. After a bit, I was swallowed back my fear and reached for my phone. I turned it and gently tapped on Tsuyu's name.

Hey Tsu, I was wondering if you wanted to take a break tomorrow and go on a date.

I take a deep breath as I press send. I walk towards my bed and lay down as I cover my face with a pillow. Suddenly my phone went off as I opened to see Tsuyu has responded.

Sure that sounds like fun. Where would you like to go?

How about the amusement park that just opened?

That sounds like fun. My parents are home so it shouldn't be an issue. Let me just ask them

Ok

I place my phone down as I waited for her to respond. After a bit I finally heard my phone go off. I opened the message to see what she had to say.

They said it was ok but they wanted to meet you as my boyfriend. Is that ok?

Yeah that's fine. I'll be at your house at 10 ok?

That should be fine. See you then

I lay my arm down as I just realized I was gonna meet her father again. He gave me his permission last time so I should be fine right? Guess I'll just to wait and see. What's the worst that could happen?

Hey guys Lynx here. Sorry for being gone for so long. My job started picking up again which doesn't give me much time to write. I'll do my best to update soon again. With that, till next time!!