Chapter 20: Dangerous waters

Y/n pov

It's already been three days since I've came to intern at Jinkage's hero agency. In those two days, he has put me through some tough training. And when I wasn't training with him, I was paired up with one of his sidekicks to help them with their responsibilities.

Though being as popular as he was, he only had two sidekicks. A girl who's hero name was Aero. Her quirk was called Wind Force which allowed her to use wind in creative ways, from forming cyclones to shooting balls of wind.  The other one was guy who's hero name was Radar. Unsurprisingly his quirk shared the same name and allowed him to scan buildings and storage item for whatever he wants. This includes people or, as he put it, the last bag of chips.

I began to put on my hero suit since it was almost time for Jinkage to go on patrol. My hero consisted of a long sleeved black body suit and a mask that covered the lower part of my face. The mask looked like the snarl of a wolf. Overall it had a slick design but also managed to be intimidating. Once I had put on my suit, a voice came out of the intercom.

" Y/n if you're ready, Jinkage is waiting for you in the training room" Radar said.

I made my way to the training room to see Jinkage standing there. He had a smirk on his face which made me nervous.

"Ah Y/n you're finally here" Jinkage said in a serious tone. "Now we can get to business."

"What do you mean by that?" I ask him.

"I mean we're gonna work on your fighting style" He says. "Right now you and Zwei fight separately, generally fighting as two separate beings. But once one of you are hurt, it makes the other hesitate. I'm here to help with that."

"And how are you gonna do that?" I ask him in a cautious tone.

"Why isn't it obvious?" He says with a smirk. "We're gonna fight till you drop from exhaustion."

Tsuyu pov

This...isn't what I expected from my internship. I look around as I look around the deck of the ship. I manage to mop up the entire area of it. The sunlight slightly shining off it. That's when I hear something coming down the stairs behind me.

"Hey good work mopping the deck Froppy."

I turn to see it was Sirius, the Captain's second in charge and currently the one overlooking my progress. Her blue fins matching the color of her eyes and hair. She sits down on the steps and invites over as she hands me a cold drink.

"Thanks Sirius" I tell her as I open the drink.

"You're welcome. Still I'm guessing this wasn't what you expecting on doing was it?" She asked me.

I wasn't sure how to respond to her question. I knew that the life of a hero wasn't always exciting but still...to be cleaning a ship for three days does get boring. That's when I hear Sirius laugh to herself.

"I remember my first time interning here. I thought as a kid, I knew what it meant to be a hero. I had begun to question whether or not this was truly what I wanted" Sirius tells me as I listened intently. "That's when the Captain showed me the truth of being a hero."

"Hey Sirius do you think you can tell me?" I asked her.

I watched as she gave it some thought. However after a giving it a few seconds of thought, she giggled and smiled at me.

"I think it'll be better if you can figure it out on your own."

I look at her as I try to think of what she meant. That's when a large shadow began to cover us. I look to see an intimidating seal towering over us.