Chapter 21: Hidden in the Woods

Y/n Pov

[A few hours earlier]

I laid on my back, gasping for air as Zwei sinks back into my shadows. I could feel my hero suit stuck to my body as my sweat drips off it. I slowly rise my head to see Jinkage smirking at me. We've been training for the last few hours as we try to improve my combat skills. However he was too fast for me so I ended using my shadow armor but it proved fruitless. I just caused myself to use up my energy, leaving me exhausted. I watch as Jinkage walks towards me and squats.

"I think I have an theory about your shadow armor" He said suddenly.

"What...do you...mean?" I asked him as I try to catch my breath.

"Well...your mom had the similar problem" He tells me. "Whenever she used her quirk when she was experiencing negative emotions, she would often tire out faster. I wonder if your quirk works the same way."

As he says this, I realize that he has a point. During my fight with Fumikage, I used my anger to trigger the shadow armor. That caused my shadow armor to break unexpectedly. During my training with Diego, I use my hatred towards Malice to help me. However this also resulted in similar outcomes. However during my first fight with Malice, my desire to protect Tsuyu caused me to activate it. Could this be a coincidence? I sat up slowly and opened my mouth to respond but was interrupted as Radar's voice came from the intercom.

"Hey Jinkage, you have a call from the Coast Guard." Radar announced.

"Well looks like I'm needed. Feel free to take a shower in the locker room" He tells as he heads off towards the communication room aka Radar's cave for tech nerds.

I slowly lift myself and head towards the locker room. I take off my hero suit and head inside the shower. As the water hits me, the soreness from earlier begins to melt away. I close my eyes as I fell the water hit my face. I wonder how Tsuyu is doing on her internship... I wish there was a way for us to see each other, even for a brief moment.

After a while, I step out and take out an extra hero suit from my suit. I walk towards the communication room but I see Jinkage and Aero walking towards me. Something about their movements tells me that something serious has happen.

"Sombra, we've got a mission from the coast guard" Aero says to me as they walk past. I begin to follow them as we head out the door.

"Really? What's the mission?" I ask them.

"We've gotten reports of a pirate crew being near us. We will be patrolling near the shorelines where they are reported to be seen. As we patrol the ground, we have some sea heroes answering a distress call relating to the pirates" Jinkage explained to me. "Our orders is to patrol the area and if run into the pirates, we are to apprehend them. Here both of you take this."

He sticks out his arm and in his open hand were two earpieces. I take one and place it in my ear. It's small size fit well in my ear and was easily concealed.

"Testing testing can you hear me Sombra?" Radar asked me from the earpiece. Not sure how to respond back, I look at Aero who pointed to her ears. I press down on the earpiece.

"I hear you loud and clear Radar" I respond back.

Good with this, we'll be able to stay in contact" Radar tells me.

"Wait what do you mean stay in contact?" I ask out loud.

"Well you see, the area we're patrolling is too large for us to stay together. So we'll have to split up" Jinkage tells me. "I'll be going to the the blind sides in the coast guard's radar while Aero will be flying over the sky shore to see if she sees anything from above."