Chapter eleven

ANNALISE POV

"Daddy?" My voice comes out confused, as my features draw into a matching expression.

"We'll discuss all of our rules and regulations that will apply to you as our princess and while you live under our roof. Please get dressed in something nice for dinner, and meet us in the dining room." Delrick is smooth with his words, as he basically brushes off my very question, paying it little to no mind it seems.

My brows furrow in farther as I stand there confused, watching them as they take long, synced strides to the door and make their exit. I look down at my outfit and give a simple shrug, there was no need to dress up farther. After all, this is my new home. Palace or not, I will be remaining comfortable in whatever I choose to wear.

Though comfortable may not be the best choice of word. Seeing as I'm living with three grown men, who expect something absolutely absurd out of me. I'm hoping that everything will clear itself up at dinner tonight, and that I may bargain my freedom with them.

Though with that being said, perhaps it would be wise to listen to them. At least for now, a simple command to change my outfit. It won't be that hard.

As I step into the closet, making my way towards what seems to be causal dresses I run a plan through my head. My idea is to target Dominic. From what I've seen I know that he's the reasonable one of the bunch. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders, despite the fact that he's still one of the men that forced a teenage girl to live in his home for his own personal benefit.

You've got great taste in men Annalise.

My mind ridicules me and I roll my eyes at my own sarcastic thoughts. I know that I'm upset to be here, but there's still that feeling in my stomach. The one where I know that deep down, this is mutual. That I'm infatuated with them, almost as much as they are with me.

Sure, I wasn't as serious with wanting to act upon these feelings, but they are. They had already taken action to get me here, for me to live with them.

I shake my head lightly from side to side as I finally pull a dress off of the gold encrusted rack, and look it over. I had chosen a baby blue dress. It had spaghetti straps on the shoulders, and farther down to my biceps were off the shoulder sleeves. My collarbones were left exposed, as well as my shoulders. I nodded in approval as I head to the set of doors inside of my new room, and into the hallway.

My feet seemed to carry me on their own, as if they knew the way. My eyes scanned the numerous paintings with golden encrusted frames that aligned the walls of the elegant hallway.

"This way your highness, the kings are expecting you in the dining room." A maid catches my attention as she gives a slight bow of her head as she speaks to me.

As her dark eyes peek out I send her a small smile of gratitude before speaking out,"Thank you. I'm sure I would've ended up in the library or even a closet with my luck."

Her face lights up at the small praise I had given her and she leads me towards what I'm assuming to be the dining room.

"Here you are ma'am. I do hope you enjoy yourself." She sends me one more smile as she takes her leave.

Upon this, I make my entrance and I step into the grand room.

"There's our girl." Dalton smiles from his spot at the dining table.

"Don't be shy. Please, come take a seat." Delrick tells me as he motions towards the seat at the other head of the table.

I make my way there and just as I'm about to sit down Dominic stands from his place next to me and pulls out my chair. I blush lightly as I take my seat, crossing my legs over one another as he pushes the chair back in place.