Chapter twenty-four

ANNALISE POV

"Look daddy!" I gather their attention as I point to a violinist that's across the street.

Today has been magical to say the least. My kings had spoiled me with the most exquisite bouquets of beautiful flowers, the cutest tops made of the finest imported fabrics that Florenia has to offer, and now to top it off serene music that flowed so easily through my ears.

"I see that babydoll. He performs quite well, doesn't he?" Dominic raises a brow at me, his lips closed in a soft smile.

He was in his happy place, and that much was clear. My heart swells at the mere thought that I'm in his happy place, and it skips a beat knowing that I'm the sole focus of it.

Dalton throws a few bills in the Violin case and the performer smiles gratefully and tips his head in appreciation, to which Dalton gives a stiffer curt nod.

"You know darling, Dominic plays just about every instrument under the sun. Violin included even. Perhaps he'd consider giving you some lessons." Delrick speaks up, motioning towards Dominic.

He smiles almost bashfully before telling me he'd love nothing more. I smile myself at the thought. Dominic has always been the most artifice of the three, his love of music, writing, reading, and his studies have proven him to be the most intellectually advanced.

Not that they all three weren't smart beyond their years.

Their thousands of decades.

"Annalise." Dalton breaks me out of my own thoughts yet again.

"Hmm?" I turn to him.

He takes my small hand in his much larger, stronger one and begins to lead us ahead of my other daddies slightly.

"I'm sure you're getting a bit tired, but we've got one last surprise for you." His thumb rubs soothing circles onto the back of my hand.

My blue eyes light up and my ears are now pert,"What more could there possibly be?"

"A dinner babygirl, I'm sure you're beginning to feel a bit famished. Besides that it's our favorite in the entire kingdom, and we just know you'll love it just as much." Delrick swoops in, grabbing my other hand and placing a tender kiss to the back of it.

Before I had a chance to thank them or really give a reaction, Delrick slips his hand out of mine. Though I couldn't complain because not a millisecond later Dominic's fingers were laced through mine.

"Table for four." Delrick speaks to the host who stood at a small podium at the beginning of the restaurant.

"Your majesty! But of course, please pick any available table and I will follow suit with the menus." The host, looking to be in his mid-thirties, eagerly spoke as he recognized Delrick.

Though mid-thirties here could be very misleading. He was more thank likely thousands of years old as well.

I feel my arms being pulled lightly, and my feet follow the ones of my daddies. It is just now that I really have a chance to analyze my surroundings. The lighting was dim, and an elegant grand piano sat near the center of the room. Dazzling golden chandeliers hung from the crimson ceilings, the colors being the ones of the heart of Florenia. Those colors seem to appear everywhere.

Before I know it we are being seated, myself being between Dominic and Dalton seeing as Delrick heads the table. The eldest always does, it's tradition and it's one they never have broken nor do they intend to break.

"My kings, what could I get you?" A waiter approaches our table, slightly nervous.

Dalton and Dominic both place their orders, and Delrick follows suit. I however was very confused and must've missed the memo that we'd be served so soon. I almost began to panic, but my worry was swept away as I hear Delrick order for me.