Chapter twenty-three

*Throw up TW*

ANNALISE POV

My eyes shoot open in a sudden state of alertness. About the same time as that, my stomach lets out a low gurgle sound. My sock clad feet react quickly and make their move springing out of my comfortable bed, stumbling my sleepy form to my bathroom where I hunch over the toilet.

The nausea becomes too much, and before I can spare a second to process everything I find myself emptying the contents of my stomach into the once spotless bowl. I cringe at the awful bitter after taste, and immediately head to the porcelain sink.

I turn the golden encrusted faucet on and take the small cup that's typically used for mouthwash, and then proceed to rinse my mouth before thoroughly brushing my teeth.

The minty fresh toothpaste seemed to do the trick after a good three minute scrubbing of my teeth, along with my tongue. I have always hated the throwing up process, but I especially hated the clean up. I would have to ask for a new toothbrush now.

Am I coming down with something?

My mind quickly wanders to a new subject, trying to come up with a reason as to why on earth had I thrown up. It wasn't something normal for me at all.

Though to be quite honest I surprisingly felt fine. Almost relieved actually, it's as if my body needed some form of a small release.

However I truly didn't feel ill in the first place.

Puzzled, I pressed the back of my hand to my forehead gently feeling for any indication of a raise in temperature. Yet there was none. The only thing to be felt was the clammy palm of my hand that had been vigorously brushing away at my teeth.

To be quite frank, now that I had gotten everything out of my system I felt perfectly well.

Then there's no need to worry your kings.

My subconscious was always thinking of them. Their feelings, how they'd react to the simplest of things.

Though it's correct, and I agree with it fully. I definitely don't want to worry them over some silly morning spell. I'm sure it was due to the stress of the traveling we had done recently.

That must be it. A bad case of jet lag, nothing more.

A knock sounds on my door before I hear the slight creak of it being opened.

"Princess Annalise?" The maid's tentative voice sounds out and catches my attention.

It's sad to think of how she must feel approaching me. It's clear in her voice that she's nervous, as if she's walking on eggshells around me just as she does my kings.

Though I've only personally seen the kings lose their temper a time or two, I've heard plenty a stories to know that they weren't the kindest people before I waltzed into their lives.

I however wanted the servants to know that I'd never mistreat them, or even yell at them for that matter. I was a gentle person, one with a full bleeding heart.

Quite literally the opposite of them.

Although I didn't mean it in the literal way, it's also quite true.

"Yes?" I turn to her with inviting eyes and a small, soft kind smile.

She can't help but let out a small breath of relief and return my alluring actions, the ones that had put her at ease.

"The kings wanted me to inform you that an outing is to take place, you four will be spending time together inside the kingdom. I was instructed to help get you ready, your highness." Her voice is far less tentative now, and seems to be relaxed.