14

whoa this is pretty long.. i imagine what would happen in this chapter ....

the sound of the wind against the trees made it sound like wolves are howling. the bright moon letting the group see where they are. the smell of jacks body wash being over powered by the smell of the trees.

finn didn't mean to say it out loud but he did and didn't regret it. jack felt frozen as he stared at finn. he is sure that his cheeks are even more red at the compliment. finn didn't stop the eye contact which made him feel like it was getting uncomfortable.

"t-thank you" jack replied looking back at the trees and moon. finn chuckled turning back at the view as well.

"sorry if that felt awkward" finn said apologizing but jack just laughed. "but i am not lying and i really think you are handsome"

"likewise mr wolfhard" jack says getting tired of sitting. "now are you going to show me the inside or am i gonna guess what's inside?"

finn got up and opened the door to the tree house he hasn't been in for a while. he flashed his flashlight to the plug and plugged in some lights. fairy lights glowed against the old wood giving jack a warm feeling.

jack walked around and stopped at the wall of photos. he noticed some faces and smiled at how younger they looked. he stopped at one picture that held a girl in it. she is smiling brightly as see looked at finn.

"you two looked in love" jack said turning around to face finn. the older looked at him and then the photo and laughed. "im serious."

"i know but im laughing cause she didn't love me.." finn said walking closer to the photo. "she just had an attraction for me that faded quickly"

jack looked at finn as the older looked at the old photo that was taken a couple years ago. jack saw a twinkle in finns eye making him smile.

"you still love her dont you" jack asked taking finn by surprise. "its hard not to.. she did have your child"

"well.. yeah" finn says. "kinda hard to stop loving someone who brought joy to your life"

"my mom said that when she told me my dad and her are divorcing. then she asked who i wanted to go with and i went with my dad since my mom never really cared for us. she was a good mom just put herself first before her children" jack says shrugging. "she is somewhat better now..."

"she loved your dad though right?"

"with all her heart but something just wasn't right between them" jack replied.

"she still stuck around though which sometimes i wish Millie did... but she didn't and i respect her decision" finn says and jack hummed.

"what happened.. you know? between you two?" jack asked sitting on the red couch. finn sighed as he sat down as well laying his head back against the wood.

"long story" finn says and jack chuckles.

"trust me finn we have time" jack said and finn looked at him and smiled. "and tell me the whole story! i wanna know from start to finish cause i honestly don't understand why you respect her decision on leaving"

Finn stayed quiet not knowing if he should tell jack everything. i mean they just met and what if it was too much? he did trust him though and finn wanted to open up more. so the older sighed and began his story.

"well we met around six grade but started to date seventh grade year. she was everything i could have wanted honestly... she was adventurous and kind hearted. everything was going good and our families got along so well and i was happy that i thought i found my soulmate at a young age. then ninth grade year she came to my house crying and i thought someone died" finn says closing his eyes seeing it play out all over again. "she sat me down which worried me even more and she told me she was pregnant. i felt a sting in my chest cause i was so scared. we were like what? fourteen at the time? she was scared on what her parents would thing cause she always wanted to please them.."

"she was even considering aborting Lydia but i stopped her. i told her that we'll figure it out like we always do... and that i would never leave her during this process. so we told our parents and they were mad but supporting us with the decision on keeping the baby" jack stayed quiet watching finn since he didn't want to intrude on the story. "she went to online school as i continued regular public school. i went on adventures as she stayed home cause she couldn't go. i remember on her fourth month she began go act differently. more rude and angry at me at first i thought it was just her mood swings but it wasn't."

"she acted cold when i was around and she almost didn't let me go to the ultrasound. her parents were worried about here and asked whats wrong but she never said anything. she would cling onto me but then something will click and she would be so mean" finn said shaking his head remembering. "people had found out she was pregnant and they were supportive but she didn't like how they knew. she wanted the baby a secret but not everything can be kept in the dark"

"so eventually she gave birth to our baby girl and she held her in her arms happily. i remember her being so happy and i was too until the doctor ask if we wanted to put the baby for adoption still. i was confused but Millie... she nodded her head" finn let a tear slip out of his eye as he continued. "she put lydia up for adoption without my approval. i obviously stopped it and so did Millie parents. they asked her if she was okay and why she would ever do such a big decision without thinking it through."

"she explained that she was just scared and didn't know if i still wanted her but of course i did. i prepare for that day since i was told she was pregnant. Millie stayed in the hospital for a month as i got to take Lydia home. Lydia didn't breastfeed cause she wouldn't latch on. Millie told me to take her home to show her around so i did as told. Millie had something wrong so she had to stay a in there to recover. when she was gone out of the hospital she came to visit Lydia at my house. she was planning on moving in since the baby stuff was all at my house" finn sighed. "she stayed for a month and made me believe that she was happy. she took care of Lydia with such gentleness and happiness. then one day when i came back from school i walked into the house"

"i went to my room and didn't see Lydia or Millie anywhere. i started to panic until i saw the note" Finn said more tears falling down. "i remember each word... it said.. here read it"

finn opened his wallet giving jack a green folded paper. jack hesitated but grabbed it unfolding the paper.

"Dear Finn,

thank you. i wanted to thank you for making my life so amazing and letting me be able to creat someone so beautiful as our daughter, but not all good things last. i dropped off Lydia at your moms work and told her it was an emergency. i am long gone now somewhere that i dont want to be found.

i am so sorry for not being able to stay and care for our daughter but i know you will be an amazing person for her to look up to. i just couldn't stay there any longer. just remember that i will always love you and Lydia. bye finn.

love,
                 Millie."

"her parents didn't even know where so was for a while and i haven't really talked to them enough to know if she is still out there..." finn said and turned to jack. "she just left just like that. i respect her decision cause i cant do anything more than that"