20

finn groaned as he tried to get lydia prepared for the zoo but as usual she was being fussy. finn tried to put her hair into a ponytail but the curls were just not cooperating. so he just let them back down not caring if it sill be everywhere later on the day. 

lydia is wearing her black jeans with a white shirt and her red converse. she had chosen the outfit since anything else finn tried to put on here she'll find a way to not like it. he didn't understand why she was being so picky but he let her win.

"okay lydia go play in your room and im going to go get ready. call me if anything bad happens okay?" finn told his daughter as she nods running to her room. the dad laughed seeing how her hair went everywhere bouncing from her face to anywhere else it could reach.

finn opens his closet door with a sigh and he picked out an outfit that will go great with the weather and starts pulling out things. he got out his black and white striped long sleeve, his black pants, and his red vans. he changed quickly looking at the time. he ran to the restroom to brush his teeth and somehow fix his mess of curly hair.

the door bell rings and finn groans at how early jack seems to be. he hears little foot steps down the stairs and goes after them since he knows lydia will try to open the door. when he reaches down stairs he noticed lydia already opening the door. finn swooped her up putting her on his hip and looked up expecting jack but was extremely disappointed.

"what now millie?" finn said as his smile dropped. yet lydia looked at her mom with a huge smile.

"hi mommy! you coming with us too?" she asked happily. millie looked at finn confused on what she was talking about.

"it doesn't concern you. lydia go back upstairs and ill call you down when its time to go" finn said setting his babygirl down and her zooming away. finn gestured millie in closing the door behind her.

"i didn't know you guys were busy.. i wanted to ask if you guys wanted to come with my family to a picnic" millie said as she sat on the couch. "they said they missed her so much and wanted to talk to you"

"we have plans on going to the zoo and she is already so excited. sorry millie maybe next time? you can my number dont you? we can set something up" finn said with a fake smile. he didn't want lydia near millie or a family that lied to him.

the door bell rung and finn sighed. this time he hoped  it wasn't jack. finn opened the door and jack stood there smiling at the older. finn smiled back at the beautiful boy in front of him. millie got up to see who was at the door and why it was taking so long. jack shifted his eyes to millie and dropped his smile to a confused face.

"oh she was just leaving, right millie?" finn said and millie looked at him weird.

"no, we aren't done talking" she said and finn sighed remembering how stubborn she could be. finn stepped out of the way and jack smiled walking in.

"so millie can we speed this up? we have to get to the zoo" finn said and millie crossed her arms.

"you two are going? with our child?" millie said and jack looked down. for some reason he felt hated on and if millie was trying to make the two feel uncomfortable then she is succeeding.

"yes, we are going to the zoo with my child" finn said smiling. "it could have been you but last time i checked you were too busy running away from your problems"

"so you haven't thought about a single thing i said the day i came back?" millie asked and finn stiffened. after she had confessed how she wanted to fix their somewhat relationship they had a serious talk. lots if screaming and lots of crying.