36

finn and jack drove back to the dads house after a couple more kisses and their shopping. jack was excited to see lydia since its been a while. also he wanted to ask what she wanted in secret of course since finn wouldn't let jack give any more gifts after the teddy bear.

once they got there they headed in the house to find it empty. so finn checked his phone seeing that his mom got called in at work and that millie had took lydia with her to do some shopping. finn texted millie asked how they are doing before looking up at jack.

"millie has ly and my mom is working so it's just us. lets play video games in my room?" finn asked which jack nodded to.

they run upstairs racing to see who could get there the fastest. jack had never been in his room which was odd. apparently everyone else has and he heard that its nice in there.

once they entered jack noticed how oddly clean it is for a boy in high school. he had a book shelf with mostly children books which makes sense and obviously some higher level books. he also had a desk and computer. along with a queen bed with white sheets. there was a wall filled with pictures some polaroids. posters were also up but only a few.

then his tv that was across from his bed which had all his game consoles. finn went to go set it up as jack looked at the wall filled with pictures.

"your room is nice" jack said smiling. he saw pictures of all the friends and some family. lydia was in most of them making jack smile at how proud finn is to have her.

he looked at all stopping at one. the picture had lydia and the two parents. it was at the hospital probably a day after millie gave birth. they looked so happy to be blessed with a beautiful girl.

jack continued to look seeing his group of friends at the pizza spot them seem to always be at. some of finns baby photos were also up making jack wonder how a kid can be so cute even if tomato sauce was on their face.

"jack? come on lets play!" finn smiled getting jacks attention. the younger nodded grabbing the controller and began to play on the consoles.

hours had past and at this point the boys were on the floor looking at the ceiling. they asked each other questions or discussed topics. getting to know each other a little bit more. jack learned that finn was a picky eater but is slowly growing out of it. than finn learned that jack had broken his arm when he was seven and didn't even cry.

"so what about your parents jack?" finn asked and jack stiffened. thats one thing jack didn't want finn to know about. it was a sensitive topic to him.

"well they are divorced... i live with my dad as for some of my siblings live with my mom. my two little brothers live with me. not much to say about them" jack said not trying to open up a lot about them.

he didn't want finn to judge him because of his mother. he knows finn loves his mom and always had a mother present in life as for jack it was completely different. all he ever really had was his dad.

"oh im sorry" finn said feeling bad for bring it up. "i only really had my mom, my dad was hardly around and when he was he would get annoyed quickly. as if he never wanted us to be born. he ended up leaving us when i was ten then when he found out i got millie pregnant he completely lost contact with us. he told me i was a disappointment and left completely. it never really hurt me since he was never there so it was kinda like hearing it from a stranger you know?"

"yeah i understand. so he hasn't contacted you since?" jack asked and finn shook his head. "has he tried?"

"he actually has, he called my mom asking about lydia. my mom sent him baby photos and he said she was beautiful. he never really asked to visit but he implied it. that was a year ago and my mom still texts him time to time but i dont know if he ask about us" finn said shrugging.

"he still cares" jack said and finn shrugged not caring.

—-
i havent touched this book in ages !

omg im so sorry for the wait ):

my job has been a pain but im out of school and focusing kn finishing this book!

idk if people still even read this lol but i hope you enjoy!