35

the gays have one for this chapter!!

finn car stopped in front of jacks house parking it. he pulled out his phone and texted jack that he had arrived. he waited in the car not wanting to meet jacks parents. though it would probably be easier to meet them while friends but it still made finn nervous.

jack soon ran out with a smile and putting on a jacket. he got in greetings finn with a hug then putting on his seatbelt.

"sorry my brother was nagging me about his girlfriend. who knew elementary kids need a promise ring when they only have dated for three weeks" jack said which made finn laugh. he started to head out driving to their designation.

"i dont see points in promise rings... like i understand im promising to make sure the promise ring will turn into a engagement ring then to a wedding ring but like why can't i just get engaged rather than promise of doing so?" finn continued, "also people are now just giving them out like nothing. it beats the purpose so its now not the same meaning."

"i like them and think its cute. you're promising a future with them. isnt that what everyone wants? a future?" jack asked looking at finn.

the older nodded agreeing about the thing jack had said. he still didn't see the point in the promise ring though. he remembers millie giving him hints about wanting one and thank god he never gave her one. thinking back at it maybe thats why he is scared. promising someone only for them to leave.

finn parked his car in the parking structure of a mall. they had agree to go shopping for christmas which wasn't far from today. finn wanted to get something for his family as did jack. so whats better than a date of buying others gifts?

"lets go babyboy we have a lot to do" finn said as he exit the car. jack giggled getting up and leaving the car as well. finn locked the car and the two started heading to the mall.

"so what are you planning to get lydia? clothes or toys? both?" jack asked curious. finn shrugged honestly to knowing what else his little girl would possibly need.

"probably toys but not a lot since your big teddy seems to fill up her room" finn said and jack rolled his eyes.

"that teddy is beautiful you have to admit and she loves it!" jack said and finn smiled. he grabbed jacks hand intertwining them not caring if jack didn't want to.

"she does love it, thank you" finn squeezes jacks hand making the younger blush. so they walked hand to hand into each store.

their hands would leave each other making it cold but only for them to reintertwine again. they talked and caught up on whats been happening. finn apologized for his absences for the past few weeks. jack understood though making sure finn knew it was okay.

they stopped to eat and finn paid because he couldn't let jack pay for himself. he felt like he owed him and he felt guilty about not being with jack as much as he would like to. so he wanted to take advantage today.

"so baby what have you been up to the last days? i know you said you been with your family but you had to be doing more than just that" finn asked making jack blush at the cute pet name he had used. "how about start with why you lied to me and the group?"

jack looked up confused on what finn had said. yet he knew what finn was talking about and though it's nothing bad he still cant help but feel so guilty.

"oh.. that" jack said chuckling. finn honestly didn't mean to make things awkward. he just wanted to know cause he wouldn't expect the two to ever be out.

"i mean you dont have to answer i was just wondering. we wouldn't care if you two were out" finn said looking at jack. "how about i tell you about lydia and what she did last night!"

finn explained how lydia was reading a book already. though the sentence were only three words finn still felt proud. why wouldn't he? his child is basically a prodigy. jack smiled happily glad that the subject is changed and how happy finn looks.

finn rambled on about his daughter and everything he could think of. the two had forgotten about the question finn wanted to know and started to change subjects. jack talked more about his family which finn was happy about.

jack never really said anything about his family only that he has siblings. finn knew he was private when it comes to that topic and though he was curious he knew he has to wait. jack only talked about good things too or the past. it was hardly ever present it was always just the past. as if thats all the memory he has of his family ever being happy.

it worried finn he wasn't going to lie that it didn't. he hoped jack has a happy family and that everything is okay but he knows that not everything can be perfect. i mean look at his family mother raising two kids as the youngest one has a kid at a young age. finn cant say his family is perfect but he cant say he isn't happy with it. hopefully jack feels the same because he doesn't deserve anything less.

"i saw we finish up shopping and head to my place? we can play video games or lydia will probably steal you away from me" finn said rolling his eyes and jack giggled.

"and i would let her! she is my favorite after all" jack said and finn put his hand over his heart and pretended to feel hurt.

"can't believe you just break my heart just like that" finn said and jack smiled. he enjoyed how silly finn is. he liked how he was still young at heart even though he is raising a child. "you're staring jack"

"i cant help it" the words had slip through his mouth without thinking. a blush picked up on finns cheeks though giving jack to worry less.

"come on cutie" finn said picking up their trash and throwing it away. jack got up picking up the bags and walking over to the boy. finn had got some bags from jack to help out since some were his.

they walked out of the food court ready to go to other stores. jack looked around wondering where else they should head to. he just needed his parents gift already having his siblings.

"come on strawberry we have to hurry before lydia calls me on my moms phone to come home" finn said intertwining jacks fingers with him. jack looked down at their hands then  up to finn.

it felt so natural to hold hands with finn now. he didn't feel weird or uncomfortable cause he trust finn. also they kissed this is nothing compared to a kiss.

"you're right it nothing compared to a kiss" finn said and jack turned red. he didn't know he was thinking out loud.

"shut up" jack said. "also strawberry? we having nicknames now?"

"you have freckles and an strawberry has seeds all around that looks like freckles i thought i was clever. can i call you strawberry?" finn asked and for some reason a spark of confidence hit jack.

"only if you kiss me" jack said with a smile. finn chuckled bitting his lip.

"you're lucky strawberries are my favorite fruit" finn said and released the intertwined hands and placed his hand on jack cheek.

though jack wanted it he felt nervous now. finn leaned down was the two closed their eyes and kissed. it wasn't a peck it was an actual kiss. probably only for twenty seconds but that little time made the both boys fall even more.

when finn pulled away jack was blushing even more than before. so finn stole one more kissed and intertwined their hands again for they can continue to shop.

told you the gays won.

hello cute walnuts im sorry i have posted so late. i was supposed to update earlier but my phone was being complicated.

so i have new phone now a bit bigger than my last so i had to get use to it. so i took a while to update to get to know my phone more.

though its no excuse im sorry. hope you enjoyed this chapter!!