Errand Girl

*YOUR POV*

I walked through another door and went down the corridor, leaving Boris to return to the lift. I entered a room and saw a glass wall. Behind the wall was Alice and a Butcher Gang creature. He was strapped to a table, being remotely electrocuted and tortured by Alice. Up close, I could see the marring and disfigurement more clearly. It appeared as though her face was wax that had begun melting. I shuddered. Then she spoke. "Hmm... Now we come to the question. Do I kill you? Do I tear you apart to my heart's delight? The choices of the beautiful are unbearable. How's a girl to choose?" She glared at the Butcher Gang member. "Take this little freak for instance! He crawled in here... trailing his tainted ink to my door! It could've touched me! It could've pulled me back!" On the final word, her voice broke, revealing Susie's voice underneath. Then Alice spoke in harmony with Susie, both voices melding together. "Do you know what it's like? Living in the dark puddles?" Her voice deepened completely. "It's a buzzing, screaming well of voices!" Then Susie's voice returned, almost as if Alice and Susie were fighting for control. "Bits of your mind, swimming, like... like fish in a bowl!" Alice took over again. "The first time I was born from its inky womb I was a wriggling, pussing, shapeless slug. The second time, well..." Susie's voice cut in over Alice's. "It made me an angel!" I shuddered as Susie continued. "I will not let the demon touch me again." Both voices harmonized. "I'm so close now. So... almost perfect." Alice spoke once more. "Yes, I will spare you. For now. Better yet... I'll even let you ascend and leave this place. If you will do a few eensey weensey little favors for me first. Return to the lift, my little errand girl. We have work to do!" Metal sheets dropped down in front of the glass. I guessed that was my cue to begin my new job as the personal errand girl of Alice Angel. At least it couldn't be worse than working for Joey Drew.