The Truth

*YOUR POV*

I stumbled out of the carousel room, breathing heavily. I'd just fought a piece of carnival equipment! Why did the things in this factory have to come to life? I brushed my hair out of my eyes and reluctantly stepped into the next room, bracing for another horror like Bertrum, but instead found a hallway. I went down it and eventually found an inky room. I noticed a flickering light in it and crept a bit closer, recoiling quickly when I saw who it was. The man with the projector for a head, the Projectionist, I think, was walking around in the ink. I waited for him to pass, then walked down the stairs, looking around for a lever. I found no lever, but I did see a tape. I went over to press play, but the Projectionist spotted me and gave chase. I sprinted back up the stairs and caught sight of the lever out of the corner of my eye. I ran over and pulled it, shutting down all the lights for a moment. I froze, scared to move because of the Projectionist, but when the lights came back, he was gone. I slowly walked back to the tape, remaining on guard, and pressed play. Joey Drew's voice came through.

"I believe there's something special in all of us. With true inner strength, you can conquer even your biggest challenges. You just have to believe in yourself and remain honest, motivated, and above all, who you really are. Ok, let's stop it right there. I can only do so many takes of this trash a day. And tell the guys in writing I want more use of the word dreaming in every message. Keep railing on that, get it? Dreaming! Dreaming! Dreaming! People just eat up that kind of slop. Hmm, what? It's still on? Well, turn it off, damn it!" I scoffed in disgust. So apparently Joey had just been lying to us all. I was starting to see why Alice hated him now...