Pushing Through

*YOUR POV*

I eventually reached the top of what seemed to be endless flights of stairs, and entered the room immediately to my right. It was an unfamiliar room, which didn't surprise me, since almost all of these parts of the factory were new to me. I noticed movement out of the corner of my eye and turned, reaching instinctively for something to throw. My eyes landed on the balcony, where a man made entirely of ink, with glowing white eyes, was standing, looking out. I froze, silently hoping he wouldn't see me. After looking back and forth for a bit, he turned and left, leaving me alone once more. I let out a breath I hadn't known I'd been holding. Cautiously, but quickly, not wanting the ink man to return, I walked over to the door on the other side of the room and pushed it open. I was greeted with a crowd of immobile ink people, all with glowing eyes, staring at me. I slammed the door shut and glanced around the room I came from, searching for another door, to no avail. I sighed, steeled myself, and pushed the door back open, revealing the ink people in the exact same places. I slowly stepped into the room and went up to them. They didn't move or even blink. As I got closer, I noticed a large gap in between them and realized they were forming a path for me. I smiled and walked through it, wondering if Alice had set this up or if it was merely a trap. I reached the end of the path and saw a pitch black vent in the wall that was open, as well as the only way out. I took the nearby flashlight and sighed, looking back at the ink people. "Do I really have to?" They gave no response, simply stared back at me, unblinking. I rolled my eyes. "Great talk." I turned back to the vent and took a deep breath. "No other way but forward, I guess," I said, before climbing into the darkness.