Going Home?

*YOUR POV*

I got back and dropped the entire syringe in the dropbox, then heard Alice. "You see those grinning demons? Let's remove them, shall we? I've got just the tool to make this even more enjoyable." I sighed, not even caring if she killed me at this point. I began yelling.

"Why the hell can't you do it yourself, Alice?! To me, you seem like the laziest angel in the world! All you do is sit and order others to do your bidding, threatening them with death if they don't! Well, guess what?! I've lost all hope of leaving, of seeing my friends and family ever again! So go ahead and kill me! I have nothing left to live for..." I trailed off, sinking to the floor, the realization hitting me like a freight train. I didn't just say that because I was sick of being an errand girl. I said it because it's true. I had no idea how many days I'd spent in the workshop by this point. I truly had lost hope of seeing my loved ones. And I didn't have anything left to live for. If I died here, it wouldn't matter, because the ink creatures would never let me out anyway. I took a deep breath, fighting back tears. Then I thought of my family, who would never see me again, and I burst into tears. I began sobbing uncontrollably, my shoulders shaking violently. I heard clicking footsteps getting closer and closer until they seemed to be on top of me. I looked up. Alice herself was standing in front of me. She knelt down and looked into my eyes. I met her gaze and bit back a gasp. Her eyes... They looked just like Susie's. She smiled.

"Return to the lift, my beautiful little errand girl. It is time for you to ascend." Without hesitation, I stood and walked back to the lift, not looking back, just in case. I got in and closed the doors, causing the elevator to begin moving up on its own. Alice started talking. "Have you ever wondered what Heaven is like? I like to dream that it's quite beautiful. A soft valley of green grass, blanketed by a warm sun. I don't think I'll ever get to see it. Are you ready to ascend, my little errand girl? The heavens are waiting." Suddenly, the lift began to fall, as if the cable had been severed. Boris clutched his head, cowering in fear. I hugged him tightly, both trying to comfort Boris and comfort myself. "Did you really think I'd let you steal from me?! Did you really think I'd just let you go?! No, Y/N! I know who you are! And I know why you're here! And you will not stop what needs to be done! Now come down and bring me back my Boris! It's the most perfect Boris I've ever seen and I want it! I need it. I need its insides so I can be beautiful again! Don't you understand? Don't you get it?! Give him to me! Or better yet, I'll take him!" I gripped Boris tighter. "Once... you're... DEAAAAAD!!" The elevator crashed to the ground. My vision began fading from black to clear then back to black. Boris was sitting in front of me, shaking me. I could hear humming, but... Boris doesn't speak. I looked behind him and saw Alice slowly walking up, the humming most likely from her. I tried to speak, to warn Boris, but no sound came out. Suddenly, the power shut off. The lights began to flicker wildly as I watched Boris get dragged away by Alice. I tried to stand, to help him, but I was powerless, so I laid still until my consciousness eventually faded, sending me into sleep.