The Hand

*YOUR POV*

I stepped into a dark hallway. It looked run-down, like nobody had been here in years. Broken barrels littered the hall and a hole in the ceiling allowed ink to bleed through onto the wooden floor below. An inky creature sprang up from the puddle, charging at me. I rolled my eyes, side stepped, and swung with the pipe, turning the creature back to liquid. I turned the corner and continued walking, now wary of ink creatures. I came to a room that was knee deep in ink, with thin boards resting on top. Clutching the pipe and device from Alice, I lightly jumped across the boards, landing safely on the other side. I walked into a huge room with a massive hole at one end. I looked down and saw ink covering the floor near the hole and a boat next to me. I could only assume that the ink had once been water. I sighed and pulled the lever next to the boat, moving it partially down the ramp. I then pulled it again, sending the boat into the ink. I hesitated for a moment, but didn't see any other way out, so, reluctantly, I got in the boat and fired it up. I held the throttle and slowly, the boat began moving.

Soon, I got to a fork, but it was clear which way to go, since there was a broken boat blocking the right tunnel. I couldn't steer, so I assumed the boat knew where to go, which was somehow scarier than the inky depths below me. It began to turn when an awful grinding noise came from the paddlewheel. I realized there was probably something clogging the paddlewheel, so I turned to fix it, but my attention was drawn by a loud noise. I whirled around and saw a massive, gloved hand rise up from the ink and destroy the broken boat. I frantically turned back, hitting the ink glob that was clogging the paddlewheel, and slamming the boat into full throttle. That hand was bigger than the boat, and crushed it effortlessly. If it could crush a boat, I didn't want to think about what it could do to me.