Bertrum's Message

*YOUR POV*

I pushed the flashlight forward with my knees as I crawled through the vent. I noticed the cover only a couple feet in front of me looked flimsy and wondered if I could just push it off. I sighed in relief at the possibility of not having to stay in this vent for long. I got to the cover and reached out to push, when Bendy, dripping with ink, slammed into the cover, scaring me into shuffling back a few feet as quickly as possible. I felt my breathing quicken and grow heavy as my heart threatened to pound out of my chest. Slowly, I crept forward, since Bendy didn't seem to be doing anything. I noticed another part of the vent to my left and quickly turned down it, desperate to get away from Bendy. I continued following the vent, taking the nearest turns or right-hand paths at every crossroads, and eventually came to an opening. I climbed out of the vent, abandoning the flashlight, and saw a tape recorder on a nearby table. I walked up to it and pressed play, curious about what it said. "For forty years, I've built attractions that stagger the imagination! Colossal wonders such as the world has never seen! I have earned my legacy with sweat. But right in front of everyone... high level investors, Wall Street tycoons, the ever-tactless Joey Drew introduces me, the great Bertrum Piedmont, as Bertie! Like I was his child. You may be paying me, Mr. Drew! But you don't own me! I'll build you a park bigger than anything YOU could ever possibly conceive! But before you go taking any bows, Mr. Drew, know that this grand achievement will belong to me... and to me alone." I scoffed at the tape. I'd never even heard of the guy; Joey had never mentioned him, which seemed fitting for someone of his pompous nature. Still... The park he mentioned in the tape... It gave me an unsettling feeling, almost as if this Bertrum guy had contributed to the downfall of the factory. I shook my head to clear it before continuing on.