I; Slave (A Prologue)

Six years ago;

Looking into those piercing green eyes, a ten year old Mikaela Tepes was curious of this boy's nature. He stared intently at his future slave- at the way he was dressed in his livestock uniform, and the way he was bound; both hands restrained with chains that were held tightly by the vampire behind him. This vampire, with tied silver hair, and a large, eccentric smile, pushed the smaller boy violently to his knees. He offered much obvious resistance, struggling against the vampires foot against his back, which was keeping him down. This vampire- which Mikaela knew to be Ferid Bathory- frowned, replying to the boys resistance with a swift kick that toppled the boy over. He smacked his jaw painfully on the floor. Even Mikaela winced. He instantly sat back up, blood trickling from his lips. He then proceeded to spit on the floor, scowling. But Mikaela had to admit; his blood smelled so sweet- and to be honest, his temptation was growing. Mikaela had never had Human blood before. 'Refused' would be a better word. Mikaela feared that it would end his humanity. And, truth be told, it would. Not only would it increase his power, it would being his ageing to a halt, leaving him as a ten year old forever.
But this smell was so... intoxicating. As well as this, he himself also had to admit that this boy, although injured, was quite beautiful; with tussled raven hair, defiant jade green irises, and ivory skin- almost as pale as Mikaela's. Somewhere is the back of his mind, he could faintly hear Ferid explaining that this boy was the one to become his slave in approximately six years from the current day- his tenth birthday. But Mikaela was to transfixed in the boy in front of him to properly heat what Ferid was saying. He snapped back into attention when Ferid asked the crucial question;
"Do you accept this boy as your future slave, Lord Mikaela Tepes?" As he smiled with his trademark grin. Mikaela answered this question with a plain and simple "Yes".

Ferid yanked harshly on the chains, which earning him a cold glare and a scowl. Mikaela was suddenly curious as to what might happen next. Ferid pulled on the chains again, forcing the boy to walk with him. Mikaela followed him to a set of double doors that looked simply identical to all of the others in the house, coloured with rich, dark wood. Ferid reaches out and pushed the doors open with a flourish, revealing one of Mikaeala's favourite rooms. At the far end of the room say a majestic, raging fireplace which was surrounded by three large, plush black velvet sofas. Decorating the floor was thick rug- also black, with a low mahogany coffee table dominating its centre. At the corresponding end of the room was a large panel book shelf, filled with hundreds of books in a variety of languages. The shelf covered the entire back wall, and a gold coloured sliding ladder was attached to a tail of the same colour, to enable those who used it to reach books situated on higher shelves. The ceiling was high in an old, Victorian style, with a large, intricately gorgeous crystal chandelier hanging from it- like most in the house.
Ferid began to walk again, this time in the direction of the fireplace. Mikaela trailed along curiously. From the loop of his belt, the silver haired vampire took out an object that looked similar to a fireplace poker. That was until Mikaela spied the end of it. It appeared to be the seal of the Tepes manor. It hosted the delicate design of a rose, surrounded by overlapping lines that took on the appearance of a flourishing fire. He continued to watch as Ferid thrust the decorative end into the fire, tongues of flame licking hungrily at the metal. It quickly became red hot, the end colouring with a ruby hue.
The boy seemed to realise what was happening before Mikaela did, stumbling back in fear. Ferid quickly became annoyed, and ferociously pulled in the boys chains. He tumbled into the vampire, eyes wide, and Ferid took the boy by the neck, dropping the chains. The boy stiffened as the vampire dig long fingernails into his throat, drawing blood. Mikaela watched as the boy broke out in a cold sweat, but attempted to remain as defiant as possible; trying to loosen the chains thy were still binding his hands. Ferid smiled at the vision of the iron in the fire, before removing it and offering the cool end to Mikaela. As the small blonde took the end that the older vampire had offered him, it occurred to him what was happening. This was a branding iron. Now that he had accepted the fact that this boy would soon become his property, he was to make it so that he looks the part. Then Ferid turned to the boy, and took him by the shoulders, unzipping the back of his shirt. The boy whimpered as Ferid removes the chains, stripped the shirt from his body, dropping it in a heap on the floor, and then fastened the chains back in his wrists. The boy covered and began to shake, whilst Mikaela gave a small internal gasp- an obscene amount of scars for a ten year old lined his chest and back. There must have been at least a dozen thin scars scattering his pale skin- some fresher than others.
"Must I?" Mikaela asked the head of silver hair in front of him. Ferid gave a trademark smirk;
"If you do not, then we have a means to punish him in your stead, Lord Mikaela."
Mikaela grimaced. This boy had obviously seen enough trauma to last him a lifetime. Whilst Mikaela was deep in thought, the boy struggled once more, and this time broke free- a lucky brake at Ferid's distractedness. This time, the vampire was furious. He bit into the fleeing boys neck without a single regard. Mikaela watched as fangs sunk into his pale skin. Watched the rivulets of blood run over his shoulder. Watched as his eyes widened in fear. Watched as the boy tried to struggle. The smell. It was so... unbearably sweet. Mikaela swallowed down the anticipation in his throat. He was suddenly thirsty- but he swallowed that down too. Now was not the time. Ferid released the boy, only to grab hold of him again, facing him towards the blonde vampire. The green eyes that had fascinated Mikaela had lost hope, the spark in them quickly fading. It seemed that he too knew all to well what this meant. For the both of them. If Mikaela delayed this any longer, it would cause bitter pain to the both of them; be it emotional or physical.
So, as Mikaela closed his eyes, he lifted the iron, pressing it into the slaves skin;on his stomach right above his right hip bone. As the surface of intricate metal burned into his stomach, his blood curdling scream filled the air. He struggled, screamed, and cried. Tears streamed down his face in utter pain. Mikaela could only look at the boys reaction for a few seconds, before he turned away. He couldn't look at what he was doing. It seemed to go on forever, those crucial moments. Those moments filled with the sound of pain. Filled with the sound of burning flesh. It's made Mikaela gag, that smell. It was so putrid.
Even as he pulled the iron away, handing it back to Ferid, the afflicted boy sank to his knees, then slumped over into his side, sobbing and unable to stand. Blood was smeared scarcely around the wound.

Tears had begun to dampen the carpet, and the room was completely slimy in exemption to the sound of the fire crackling. Ferid chuckled suddenly, and Mikaela stared straight at him. The blonde demanded that the slave be taken from the manor immediately, and Ferid gladly obliged.  Mikaela also asked that the burn be treated as soon as possible- but his time Ferid only reluctantly agreed, stating that it would have been nice to see the boy suffer for a little while.

Only when the burned boy had been hoisted over Ferid's shoulder, and been walked out of the front door, did Mikaela fall to his knees. He regretted his choice immediately. He knew that the look of pure terror and pain upon the boy's face as he was unfairly burned would stay with him for some time. Most likely all of his existence.

What has he just been forced to do? No, that was much to glorifying. The real question was; What had he just done?

^This is what Yuu's branding looks like;