XVIII; Awake

Yuu opened his eyes to be met with white ceiling. Stark, bland white ceiling. For a second, it was like he was back in Bathory Manor. He had white ceilings in the "training" rooms as well. To call them training rooms, however, was a little irritating. He hated that he was like a dog that needed to be taught tricks. Actually, no, he would rather "sit", and "shake", and "roll over" much more than what went on in those rooms. On the bright side, the last of his fever seemed to have left him, and he was only left with the aftermath that was his physical demeanour. He was sure that he couldn't look god, having thrown up most of what he'd eaten in the last few days.

He looked around briefly, finding that the sheets covering him where crisp and fresh, much like the duvet that had been folded at the bed end. Which, notably, was white as well. His eyelids felt rather heavy, and he contemplated closing them again, but decided against the idea when he saw a neatly folded pile of clothes on the dresser. The dresser was white too, glass topped, and in impeccable condition. Standing, he noticed that his head spun, and for a few minutes, he allowed himself to be seated, taking in and resolving the dizziness clouding him, which was a rather annoying task. As soon as the dizziness subsided, he stood again, and, like a piece of machinery, he stripped off his clothes, barely stopping to look at the pale bruises and clean bandages over his hand and wrist. He pushed the memory of Mikaela to the back of his mind- it was unnecessary, anyways.

He slipped on the fresh, clean clothes given to him, gauging his new Master's taste. He laughed, just quietly. It was nothing like the gauzy, scarce clothing he had been forced into before. It was a simple pair of faded blue jeans that hugged his legs comfortably, showing slight distress in the knees, as well as a light, creamy sweater. There was a pair of socks there also, which Yuu found quizzical. He tucked them into one of the many empty drawers., in case they were necessary for him to wear. Next to where the pile of clothes had been, sat two collars. Whilst both black, the one on the left was thick, cheap fabric, a small dog tag dangling from a small loop. On the back, it displayed his name, age, and blood type. Nothing more. It was his citizenship collar, identical to all the other human's in the stronghold. The one on the right was a thinner leather band- real, expensive leather- which displayed, hanging like the dog collar, the Tepes family crest. That burning rose. Although Yuuichiro was curious as to why Mikaela has left him both collars, instead of taking his citizenship on away from him, he donned his slave collar nonetheless. The pendant sat, rather comfortably, actually, in the hollow of this throat.

Above his dresser, which he hadn't bothered to look at, was a large mirror, guided with silver around the edges. When he saw his reflection, he scoffed. He looked like, well, shit. He was pale, his eyes not as bright as they normally were. The residue of heavy, dark circles remained under his eyes, though he was sure that they had been worse. His skin was an unattractive pallor; normally he had a pleasing, healthy, warm olive tone to his skin. It was like someone had sucked it out- well, several people, vampires, had- and he had turned a colour that was closer to grey. His hair was unkept, and he tried his best to tame the locks with his fingers- as he lacked a hair brush-, which stuck out in every which way, dark in contrast to his sallow skin. He sighed, supposing that he would most likely have to deal with being scolded for his unruly appearance. Then again, Mikaela had not been mean or rude or demanding once so far. In fact, he had been nothing but kind, and Yuu has been immature and unprofessional. Yuu breathed deeply, resting his head in his hands.

"You are supporting the kids, Yuu. Akane is counting on you. You can do this." He exhaled shakily, and day at the edge of his bed, waiting for further instructions.

Mikaela sat on his sofa, finally able to continue the boom he had been releasing before Lacus bought Yuu, sick as a dog, to his home. Said book was titled Macbeth, composed by Shakespeare- a brilliant man, in the vampires opinion. He'd become quite interested in this Shakespeare person, after recently also finding Julius Caesar in the ruble of a human home during his time overseeing a recon mission. Having had parents that kept him away from the world as a child, and then being brought up in the apocalypse, Mikaela had been ignorant of many types of literature. He'd found others before, other books. From Bram Stoker's Dracula, through to novels such as Emily Rodda's Rowan of Rin (He had been looking for the sequel, to no avail), Stephen King's Pet Sematary, as well as a few sadly moulded pages of The Picture of Dorian Grey, which he enjoyed thoroughly. It was safe to say that Mikaela loves to read. Loved to explore all of the imaginary worlds given to him. Quietly, he began to read out loud, passionately, even standing to gesture using the stage directions;

"Is this a dagger which I see before me,
The handle toward my hand? Come, let me clutch thee.
I have thee not, and yet I see thee still.
Art thou not, fatal vision, sensible
To feeling as to sight? or art thou but
A dagger of the mind, a false creation,
Proceeding from the heat-oppressed brain?
I see thee yet, in form as palpable
As this which now I draw.
Thou marshall'st me the way that I was going;
And such an instrument I was to use.
Mine eyes are made the fools o' the other senses,
Or else worth all the rest; I see thee still,
And on thy blade and dudgeon gouts of blood,
Which was not so before. There's no such thing:
It is the bloody business which informs
Thus to mine eyes. Now o'er the one halfworld
Nature seems dead, and wicked dreams abuse
The curtain'd sleep; witchcraft celebrates
Pale Hecate's offerings, and wither'd murder,
Alarum'd by his sentinel, the wolf,
Whose howl's his watch, thus with his stealthy pace."

How he loved Macbeth. The words sang to him in a way nothing ever had before. This particular soliloquy was his favourite, and he knew most of the lines by heart, and could recite them well. He found the words so alluring. Maybe one day, he could share this with Yuu-Chan. Speaking of Yuu-Chan... Mikaela hoped that Yuu hadn't heard him, now that he realised he had been reading out loud. He placed his bookmark, a piece of burgundy ribbon, back into its place, careful to return the book to it's specific place upon his shelves. After he was sure that everything was in order, he made his short way over to Yuu's room, pausing outside the door to steel his nerves. He twisted the handle, and pushed the door open as quietly as he could, ready to deal with Yuu in case he was still feverish. Akane did say that he would be fine before she left, but Mikaela just couldn't be sure.

"Oh.." Was all that came out of the blondes mouth, "You're awake, Yuu-Chan"
He was surprised to see the human sitting upright at least, but he had dressed, and tried to make himself presentable, as well. Mikaela made a note to get him toiletries at a later time.

Yuu looked back at him, and smiled curtly, with little emotion,
"Yes, Lord Mikaela. I'm sorry for burdening you. If you see it fit...." Yuu had not looked up from his lap, "You have the authority to punish me."

Mikaela gulped loudly.

^*Wow another chapter crazy. I don't know if anyone actually reads this but oh well. I'm just trying to speed back up a teeny bit before I go back to school, and thank god Yuu isn't sick anymore ever I was getting annoyed. And yes, this book had a cover change, I wanted a nicer aesthetic. So. What happened to Yuu in those training rooms? Why is his spirit so broken, and why does he give up so easily now?? Let me know what you all think!~ Thanks for sticking with me so far, and I hope that you enjoyed XVIII; Awake. Again, this is not proofread. Please remember to vote! It's what gives me my motivation!

PS: Remember to add to the character poll!
Yuuichiro💚

Mikaela✨

Krul 🎀

Akane ☕️

Ferid 🔪

Lacus 👾

René 💀