IV; Sever

"Yuu-chan?!" The human questioned- before instantly shutting his mouth. He regretted the sudden outburst of speech- it would get him in a lot of trouble-, then looked at the floor, trying to hide the blush that heated his cheekbones. The vampire before him smiled happily.
Then, he glanced at the boy before him, and cringed internally, wrinkling his nose. Yuu was still wearing the slaves uniform; a white shirt and black trim, and shorts of the same design that reached his mid thighs. His skin was pale, and Mikaela noted the scars that barely stood out on his inner thighs with a sigh. However, the band around his neck was not of standard issue. Rather than the simple band of black fabric with a bland metal tag attached, this band was made of rare black leather, his family crest dangling on a small chain- the vampire estimated that the chain would have been around two centimetres long; and rather fragile. The crest sat snug in the hollow of his alabaster neck, which looked rather pretty in Mikaela's view.
A silver clasp sat on the back, holding the band together. The blonde knew that this one item was to remain on him at all times- it would show other who he was owned by. However, his clothes could be changed. Mikaela gestured to the clothes on the end of the bed;
"You can change into these when your ready, Yuu-chan. And come out to the dining table for breakfast too, okay?"
All that the human could manage was a tight nod, and the questioning in his eyes wasn't well hidden.
Mikaela walked out of the room, glancing in as he closed the door. Before his sight of Yuu was completely cut off, he saw the boys pale back as he took off his shirt quickly and without question; the skin was laced with long, thin white scars- almost triple the amount of the last time that they had met.
And Mikaela wanted to vomit. He would if he had had anything to drink recently- which he hadn't. He was glad he hadn't.
It seemed that Yuu hadn't noticed him, so the vampire shut the door as gently as he could.

What had Bathory done to him in the past six years?

Yuuichiro stepped out of the room, and adjusted his collar. He had begun to sweat out of nervousness, and he just had so pray the vampire would not notice. He felt uncomfortable in the clothes he had been given- simple blue jeans and white shirt, and a dark black jacket that ran half way down his thighs to keep the cold off. He had learned to constantly be in clothes made of the conventional fabric of the slaves uniform, even though it didn't cover enough skin to his liking, and the crude fabric was constantly itchy.

He felt awkward- he had been taught that such clothes were meant for vampires; not their pets. Although, he noted that the clothes were too large for him in the shoulders, as well as in the thighs. It wasn't hugely noticeable- just a loose part of fabric that hung from his frame, which was obviously smaller than the vampire he was now living with. He shivered at the thought of living with another vampire- especially one that he knew all but nothing about. Although, he supposed that anything would be better than living at the Bathory Manor. As he stepped out of his assigned room, the sharp smell of cooking food hit his nose, namely that off eggs and bacon, as well as hash browns. He composed himself, although the food smelled amazing. Instead of dwelling on the thought, he tasked himself with looking around the room from were he was standing next to the dining table. A dining table?
He looked again, but sure enough, the vampire did have a dining table. It was odd, and Yuu had to admit; this room was extremely humble in stark comparison to that of the other rooms- it also had much less expensive decor,  not that it was important or particularly valued in this day and age. But, he had to say, the style of the room was elegant, and refreshing. So say the least, it almost hurt his eyes, the harsh whiteness of it compared to the dark and rich tones of the rest of the manor.

It was then his eyes wandered over the furniture, to the photographs on the shelf sitting against the wall. Yuu couldn't help but me curious. Noting that the food the vampire was preparing was still sizzling away, the human stepped forward to take a closer look at the photographs before him.
He gently ran his fingertips over the edge of the shelving, studying each photo. The first was faded- Yuu assumes that the unhappy, small blonde boy would have been Mikaela in his human years standing with- possibly- his parents. The second on presented Mikaela at a slightly older age, maybe seven years old, standing next to a woman that he new all to well as the vampire queen of Japan. She was a cold, ruthless leader that Yuu had never wanted to meet. He had sung for her once or twice at her command, nothing more, birthing less- he did not expect to be chosen by her.

Disregarding that thought, Yuu glances again at the shirt head of pink hair, and was perplexed; she was smiling very softly, the hint of a laugh seeming to catch at the corner of her mouth, tugging it upward ever so slightly. Yuu sighed... maybe she had a soft side?

The third photograph in the line of many other was again, of Mikaela, this time sitting on stairs next to two other boys- one with dark hair and deep black circles under his eyes, and one with his arms around Mikaela's shoulders (clearly annoying the living hell out of him), with wild purple hair tucked into a small bun. They were all dressed in nobles clothing, and Yuu reaches up to run his fingers over the photo, almost smiling. It was very... new to the boy, this thought of vampires having friends and family. Of having lo-

"Yuu-chan~ breakfast!~" Said a voice behind him. He hadn't even noticed the food had stopped cooking.

CRASH!

The human was startled by the sudden interruption in his thoughts, and he drew his hand back sharply. However, as he did so, his fingers caught the edge of the frame, and it topple from the shelf, hitting the ground and sending shards of glass scattering over the floor.

For a brief second, Yuu and Mikaela stared at each other- the vampire shocked and the human shocked also, but terrified too;
"Mikaela... I- I'm sorry- I.." Yuu dropped to his knees and began gathering the glass from the floor, piling it so clean. He was being careless.
Stupid. Useless, idiot. He thought to himself, breaking out in another cold sweat over his clumsy mistake. As he hurried to gather the pieces, a bit of jagged glass slipped through his fingers, cutting a broken line across his palm...

And the scent of blood filled the air.

^Sorry that this chapter took so long to get out!~ I have been literally swamped with exams and assignments subject selection. Thankyou for reading anyway!