X; Feverish

It had been and hour since Yuu had left Mikaela's wing or the Tepes manor. Although the blonde was curious as to where he had gone, he trusted that the human would come back quite soon. It was around 1:00 in the afternoon, and the rays on light filtering through Mikaela's open black curtains was a yellow colour. The vampire sat on his black sofa, legs tossed to the side comfortable. He rested one elbow one a plush blue cushion, and his throw was covering the arm of the sofa. A thick book was perched on the arm, and he reached over slightly to flip the page. Quiet rung in his ears as he read in almost complete silence, the only noise emanating faintly from outside of the manor- birds chirping and voices speaking. The tap was another noise- it had this incessant drip that he had tried to fix many times; to no avail, that was. He had rarely used it the prior years that he had lived in the manor, but he had used it earlier to wash Yuu's dish he had eaten from- at the vampires insistence, of course. It was a quiet day, and Mikaela was glad that the war with the humans had simmered down a little- at least for now. As of the current time, they had been extremely preoccupied with the horsemen, and could not spare any attention to the vampire raids on the small human camps scattering the country. He sighed contently, flicking yet another page of his book.

His quieter time was interrupted by a sharp knock on the door, loud and rushed. He closed his book, sliding in a slip of a paper for a make shift bookmark, before walking briskly to the door. He composed himself, before taking the door handle and allowing the door to swing open on its own. He was surprised by what stood in front of him now. Standing directly in the middle of the doorway was Lacus, looking uncomfortable and irritated. René was standing behind him like a shadow, dark circles as pronounced as ever. Normally, Mikaela would enjoy a visit from the two vampires, who happened to be his only friends- but he was startled instead. Yuu was limp in Lacus' arms, skin flushed and damp with sweat, causing his black hair to stick to his forehead messily. His arms hung to his side, head lolling against the vampires chest. His chest rose and fell in an uneven staccato, each breath bringing a pained look to his unconscious features. The blonde gasped, quickly gesturing to the two that were conscious to come inside.

Lacus set Yuu down onto his respective bed- rather gently, actually. Mikaela knew that Lacus truly had a soft spot for slaves, he just didn't show it constantly. He sighed, brushing his purple bangs out of his eyes, before muttering something about how light the human was. Yuu was panting for breath, his skin a similar pale colour as it had been before his blood transfusion. Mikaela dropped down beside Yuu's bed, placing a hand on the humans forehead; he was burning up, extremely hot to the vampires body-heat-deprived hands. Lacus stood back with René, crossing his arms over his chest. The silence was stifling and uncomfortable, and Mikaela was still processing how this could have happened in the space of an hour. The only sound penetrating the air was the humans ragged breath mixed in with the rare unconscious whine in pain. Weirdly, it was René himself who broke the silence, his voice a dead monotone;
"Mikaela", he said. Any other vampires wouldn't dare call him by his first name like that, other than the two in front of him, and the queen, "The human was coming out of the blood hall when he collapsed. Lacus and I were on guard duty."
That startled blonde. The blood hall was the place that humans went to 'donate' their blood in order for protection and food (as well as other necessities like clothes and medicine) within the city. It was a compulsory action, unless you were a blood slave to vampire noble. Being a slave meant that you no longer had to give blood at the blood hall, as you were meant to be feeding the vampire in which you were designated to. Even though this occurred, being a slave was frowned upon by most humans, as it meant that you were ultimately a vampires personal pet- a plaything, or even a tinker toy. You were something to be owned, used and then eventually discarded. They regarded this as a careless value of life, and Mikaela understood completely. You could choose to become a blood slave- you could not be forced. It was a position that you must sign up for yourself-, and most did it for the privileges that came with the higher position; more food was available to you, and giving blood at the hall was not mandatory. Although, it was true that the larger amount of food was not always the overall truth. Most vampires treated their slaves as walking bags of blood, and most of them were used not only for their blood, but as a personal escort service for the vampire they belonged to. In other words, there were a very small amount of them that were treated with respect, or even a little bit of dignity.
"... and we knew that he belonged to you, judging by the crest, so we assumed that you'd want him back." He hadn't even realised that Lacus had been speaking to him.
"Uh... yes. Thankyou Lacus; René. You can go back now. I wouldn't want Krul to catch you off guard."
The two of them straightened at the use of the vampires queens name used to freely, and nodded with word of 'You're probably right.' and 'Yeah, we'll get going.'
So he saw the two vampires off, already missing they're presence. As the blonde made his way back to Yuu's room, he picked up a face washer on the way, wetting it under the bathroom tap.
He placed the washer on Yuu's sweaty forehead, and ran his fingers through the humans damp black tresses. He was finding the action extremely comforting to him, although he hadn't the slightest idea why. Letting his finger tips ghost along the boy's skin, Mikaela trailed down his skin across his jaw, to his neck; where his bandages had been removed. A single puncture wound lay present against his skin, different from his own bite mark, which was on the other side of his thin neck. This had been the work of a needle, which means that Yuu really had been giving blood there. But all that he could really focus on now was the alarming warmth of the humans skin.
He himself hadn't had an actually fever for at least 11 years, minus long those that occurred when he deprived himself of blood for to long. He realised his mistake quickly, as his thought went to Yuu's pulse.
His thoughts centred singularly on just go fast his heart was beating, and he realised how hard resisting was going to be, now that he had tasted his blood once.

It was only just hitting Mikaela now.

He had become a true vampire.

^Oh look. More trash. :) At least the music is good.