VI; Resistance

And the pain never came.
Yuu was terrified- he wouldn't deny it. He had been raised to be the perfect slave; to serve his masters every beck and call. He had been shown that vampires were cruel, and he had been punished so many times, and seen so many others punished in front of him. He shivered at the memory of burning pain- the whip was Lord Bathory's favourite form of punishment.
So, when he opened his tearful eyes to see the vampire inspecting his wound, he was extremely taken aback.
The blonde tilted his hand, so that he could look at it from each angle, and he sighed.
"Come on, Yuu-chan. You're bleeding."
He grasped Yuu's other hand- the one that wasn't injured- and pulled the boy to his feet. The human was shaking, but Mikaela hadn't the slightest idea on how to comfort him. So instead, he divided to let him calm down on his own.
"Mikaela... t-the carpet.." Yuu stuttered as he noticed the blood pooling onto the cream carpet; a dark stain the he was sure the vampire would punish him for.
Mikaela shushed the raven haired boy, sitting him on one of the dining table seats. He told him to stay put, and Yuu would do just that. As the vampire walked away, Yuu noticed a shattered plate on the floor next to him, as well as the food that Mikaela has cooked for him lying scattered around it.
Fear pooled in Yuu's belly, cold and dense. In the rush to the smell of Yuu's blood, the blonde had dropped the plate that he was carrying. The human spotted the remains of perfectly cooked eggs, as well as crispy bacon and the browned outer layer of a hash brown obscuring the plush carpet, and Yuu sighed- Lord Bathory didn't feed him luxuries like that, as it would cause him to gain weight quicker. If he gained weight than he was punished harshly- he had to eat less than the average person all his life to maintain his smaller stature, and he was always hungry. Often, he remembered collapsing due to his over exertion with so little nutrients in his system at a constant rate. Of course, the fact was rarely acknowledged.
The cut on his hand stung, but it was nothing he wasn't used to.

That smell. Mikaela could hardly stand it. The smell was sickly sweet, and it permeated everywhere. He couldn't escape it. It was tantalising, to say the least. When he had seen the cut bloom on the humans hand- when he had smelt the fresh blood voiding from the wound, red and thick, he lost control; and he hated himself for it. He cursed, rummaging around in his kitchen drawing era for the first aid kit he kept on hand. The truth was, he had no use for painkillers or bandages or medicines, but when he heard that Yuu would be living with him, he truthfully wanted to be prepared- it was the reason he had the kitchen stocked as well having extra linen bought in for the harsh Japan winters.
He sighed when he found the white plastic box in one of the many kitchen cabinets. Normally, people would expect it to have a little Red Cross on the front, but it has long since been rubbed off. He opened it, simply to make sure of the contents inside; a pair of medical scissors, two rolls of white bandages, along with the clips, as well as a bottle of white pills, a needle and a roll of medical thread. A bottle of clear antiseptic also sat snug in the corner, as well as a pair of tweezers and a dozen large cotton balls. He closed the lid, and braced himself for the onslaught his senses would have to face when he walked back into the main room.
He was right to expect it. As he opened the kitchen door, Yuu's scent hit him like a truck, and he noticed that the blood had not stopped dripping onto the table. He calmly- as calmly as any young vampire would be around spilled blood- walked over to the human, and sat next to him, turning the chair to face the other. He sat the box on the dining table, and opened the lid, taking out the tweezers, antiseptic, and cotton balls. He sat them all on the bench, and took the humans hand once again. Taking the tweezers in hand, he set to work. The vampire removed two pieces of glass that Yuu hadn't even noticed as they were small, and well as several fibres from the carpet that he had picked up. Mikaela was as careful as he could be, and the human didn't even flinch. Then, he took a cotton ball int he tweezers and, twisting off the cap, he dipped half the ball into the antiseptic. He noted to Yuu that this would sting, before he began to dab at the would gently, picking up other bits of fibre.
By the time he had finished, he had used three cotton balls, and the wound had stopped bleeding. It was now just an ugly red line across his hand. The next thing he knew he had to do was stitch the wound. Normally he would heat the needle, but he was cautious as to how the human would react, judging by his past. Instead, he dipped the needle in antiseptic before he threaded it and snipped the access away. Then, he began to stitch the wound.

The wound required ten stitches, and Mikaela sighed when he had finished. The vampire looked up, and saw Yuu staring at him strangely, before the human spoke;
"Thankyou, very much." It wasn't timid, or scared, but rather passive, his voice never wavering.
Even Mikaela had to admit that he was strange.

After the ideal, Mikaela had bought Yuu out more food- but the boy only got through half of it before he claimed that he couldn't eat anymore. Although it was strange, the vampire wrapped the rest of the food and placed it in the fridge.
The human then insisted on cleaning his own blood off of the carpet- which he did an exceptional job at.

When everything had been said and done, the two hadn't spoken. Mikaela felt horrible for jumping the human like that. But he couldn't think about it. Instead, he walked back to his room, the smell of blood still lingering in the air. He felt nauseous, and weak. It wasn't gradual- it hit him all at once, the second he closed his bedroom door. He staggered to his dresser, and wrenched open the top drawer, to find a leather case. He coughed, and began to pant. He fumbled with the latch, before tearing it open. A set of glass vials sat in the case, only one full of the red liquid that would sate his hunger, brought forth by the smell of Yuu's blood. He took out the last goal, removed the cork, and downed it in seconds.
For a minute, his thirst was gone, and the blood tasted sweet- and then it turned bitter, and the thirst reared up again. He threw the vial, and it shattered against the wall. Cursing, he collapsed to the floor, panting and coughing heavily. His vision swirled around him, like he was looking around in murky water.

The door slammed open...

"Mikaela, are you al-!"

... and the vampires mind shut off.

^Please don't hurt me I know it's crap and I don't like it either. I know it's also a little bit late... but it gets the story where it needs to go. I apologise, but it's all I could think of. Let me know what you thought?