VIII; Regret

"... Y-Yuu-Chan?.." The blonde whimpered as he knelt down next to the human, whom was unmoving on the cream carpet. Yuu was breathing unevenly in his unconscious state, and sweat glimmered on his brow in a thin sheen- the sudden blood loss was getting to him really quickly. He turned the human into his back, and noticed the purple-black bruise already forming over the vicious mark that indicated Mikaela had torn into his neck extremely brutally.
He chocked back a sob. He thought he could control himself longer. Yuu would hate him now. It was unavoidable and undeniably true; he hated himself, so it was obvious that Yuu would too. He would feel so betrayed. The vampire who had treated him with kindness had sudden thrown him against the wall and nearly killed him. Mikaela would understand if the boy never spoke to him again after such a vicious and unprovoked attack upon him. Tears brimmed in the blonde's eyes, spilling over his cheeks in rivulets like small waterfalls would a rocky cliff face. He shook Yuu's shouldered gently at first, but then harshly in an attempt to wake him.
"Yuu-Chan! Please please please... come on..." He pleased with the unconscious human desperately, begging him to wake up.
When he didn't even stir, Mikaela panicked. He bolted out of the room, and fumbled around his kitchen drawers yet again, this time for the silver phone he had on the top drawer.

Sighing, he unlocked the phone, and immediately clicked one one of three numbers he had saved in it;
The contact read "Mother".
It rung for four tones, and Mikaela began to panic. He waited, and a cold sweat formed over his body, tears still spilling over his eyes. He sighed when he heard the phone being picked up, and the voice of relief spoke in his ears;
"Mikaela? What's wrong? Is everything alright?" He sighed again at Krul's familiar voice.
"N-No." he replied, blubbering and crying.
"What's happened Mikaela? Calm down." The vampire queen shushed him gently on the phone, urging him to tell his problem to her.
"I-I did... Yuu-Chan isn't... I can't... I-" Even though Krul couldn't hear him properly through his shock and tears, she gathered enough information to realise what the problem was.
"You can tell me what happened when I get there, alright? Stay with him. Did you hear that, Mikaela? Repeat what I just said."
The blonde hesitated, before he replied
through a new onslaught of tears;
"S-Stay with Yuu-Chan..."
"Good boy. I'll be there in a few minutes, alright?"
"Yes, Mother... T-Thankyou."
The end tone rung in Mikaela's ears, indicating that Krul had hung up the phone. With that, he raced back to he humans side with an urgency that he had never had before.

When Krul walked into the room, she could only gasp. One of her vials lay shattered on the plush carpet. Almost immediately to the left if the door to Mikaela's bedroom, he knelt in the floor, bawling his eyes out. Yuu lay on the floor, his head cradled gently in Mikaela's lap. His skin was the same deathly pale tone as the blonde's, who was stoking Yuu's hair gently. Although Krul suspected that is was her adopted son's way of dealing with what he had done. Speaking of which, she now truly took notice of the heavy smell of blood in the air, thick and sweet and cloying. It was then that she noted the blood smearing Mikaela's mouth, and the crimson tint of his irises- which where wide with fear.
Afraid of what she would see, Krul glanced over at Yuu's neck, spotting the mangled bite marks and bruised skin. Her eyes trailed to his chest and his heaving breathes, to his forehead beading with sweat, and then to his hand-which was still trickling blood-, that Mikaela clutched in his own. All in all, Yuu did not look near healthy. Then again, neither did Mikaela. He was shivering- definitely not from the cold- and tears ran down his face. Blood stained the collar of his shirt and pants from where he had Yuu laying on them.
The odd thing was, Mikaela was so enraptured by this boy's state that he had completely ignored the vampire queen's presence as a whole. She stood in the doorway, tail coat dragging behind her. She carried a large box in her arms, and she looked extremely small under its obvious weight. She decided to break the silence, setting the box on the ground;
"Mikaela?..." She said quietly. He looked up at her, startled, like a doe in front of oncoming headlights, before he began to cry heavier, stuttering.
"I-I didn't mean to I just!.. I was so... I couldn-" He began to spit broken sentences, obviously in complete and utter shock from the ordeal he had been through. She rushed to him, dropping to her knees and hugging him tightly, petting his back soothingly.
"Shhhhhh..." She comforted him as best she could in the intense smell of blood, before grimacing at the boy next to her, pale and unconscious, "Come on Mikaela, we should clean him up and getting him to bed alright? It's okay. I know; shhh." She ran a thumb under his eyes, attempting to wipe away a few of the tears that dripped down his face, before they set to work.
Mikaela went to get a washcloth, and wet it under the bathroom tap. He continued on to remove Yuu's shirt, and he discarded the bloody and soiled item on the floor next to them. His next task was to wipe away the blood on the humans small frame, which was something that he ultimately dreaded. He tried to be as gentle as he could, even with his hands shaking. When his hands brushed over the skin of his neck, Mikaela flinched at how cold Yuu was, and just how deep hit bite had been. It would have hurt- a lot. He chocked back another sob, taking a moment to glance at the place he had branded the boy six years ago. And the black mark of the flame engulfed rose was there, as much as the blonde wished that it would go away. It was there on the space above the just of his hip, dark, and a reminder of who the boy 'belonged' to. Mikaela glanced over at Krul, and saw what she had had in her box; a portable IV, with bags of blood. She was giving him a blood transfusion. Truthfully, the blonde knew he would need one. He took so much that it left Yuu cold and drained.
Quickly, Mikaela fetched another shirt- this one black, and the same loose size on the human as the white one had been- and dressed him in it. He noticed that Krul had stitched Yuu's hand back up, but she had decided not to ask about it; she didn't want to push Mikaela, whom was already extremely distraught. The blonde scooped Yuu up into his arms bridal style, with one hand behind his back, and one under his knees. His head lolled against the blonde's chest, resting what Mikaela hoped was comfortably against him.

"His blood is going to smell different for a few days, but other than that, he'll be fine Mikaela, you can calm down now." Krul looked over at her adopted son, who was gripping the unconscious boys hand- the one that wasn't injured. Yuu was resting in his bedroom for now, IV next to him replenishing his blood supply. He was looking better, but he was still pale and unmoving. Bandages where strapped around his neck now, the collar reattached over the top. His hand was wrapped up as well.
"I'm sorry, Mikaela. This is my fault. I should have kno-"
"It's not your fault, Mother. I should have had better self control. I hurt him, and that's my fault." He smiled dryly, "He's going to hate me for it."
Krul didn't answer to that, for she could not promise that Yuu wouldn't hate the blonde. The boy laying in the bed had been through a lot, and Krul knew that.
But so had Mikaela.

When Krul left that day, Mikaela stayed by Yuu's bedside for the entire seven hours that he was unconscious. He didn't know what to expect when the boy woke up, but he was sure that the boy would hate him for what he had done.

^I don't know where the inspiration is coming from but I love it. Three chapters in two days. Thanks leoinight, Mrmustachioman, and ladydemetriarene; who are my veteran readers. I really appreciate the votes!~ Thankyou!