IX; Bitter Formality

Noting the positive change in Yuu's pale pallor, Mikaela decided that he would make something for the boy to eat when he woke up. The ever so slight pink tint was coming back to the humans cheeks, and his skin had returned to it usual alabaster colour, rather than the sickly grey it had been after Mikaela had drunk so much of his blood. The blonde sighed, standing from the chair he was sitting in beside Yuu's bed and stretching his stiff limbs. Noticing that the blood bag attached to Yuu's arm through the IV was close to half empty, he made a mental note that he would have to finish and come back quickly. He made his way to the kitchen, offering one last caress of the boy's soft hair before he did so. To be quite honest, he hadn't that slightest idea of why he had the urge to do so; the boy wasn't conscious enough to be comforted. It confused him, to say the absolute least.
He jumped slightly when Yuu stirred, and exhaled silently when he settled back down quickly, snuggling into the sheets and plump quilt. 

Mikaela was not in the kitchen long before he came back out, holding a plate in both hands; it was throwing off steam, and the blonde had tried his best to make something simple and delicious. He opened the floor to the boys room quickly twisting the handle, returning both hands to hold the plate and spoon, before pushing it open with his hip softly. He sighed when the human was still asleep, frowning disappointedly. He hadn't realised just how much blood Yuu had lost until he knew how long he was sleeping, and how much blood he needed. Even though he was still unconscious, the human had both hands folded in his lap, and it was now the first time that the vampire was noticing the scars that peppered his wrists. They weren't slash marks like the ones on his thighs; but they were bite marks- signs of the circular puncture wounds were layered over the top of one another. They ran faintly up Yuu's wrists and forearms, growing far more scarce at they neared his elbows.
His breathing was slow and steady, and the little colour that he had in his skin had returned. The vampires eye flickered over his bandaged neck, and he had the urge to begun crying again- the human hadn't deserved this. He hadn't deserved to feel like he was betrayed by a person he could have almost trusted. Mikaela had no idea how to make the boy trust him again. He had waited six long years to see him again- to apologise- and he hadnt the slightest idea what he had had to endure all that time. He was aware of the slash marks on his thighs, and they were a dead giveaway that whatever Yuu had gone through was not pleasant to say the least. The whip scars remaining on his pale back and the multitude of bite marks on his wrists were proof of this. The memory of Krul bandaging him flashed before him. The vampire queen had made note of the scars along his neck that matched those on his arms.

"Drinking directly from a human here is illegal, Mikaela. He has been... selling himself. That's what I would assume, at the least. I think... that it would be best not to pry. Get him to tell you of his past is his own time."
The blonde looked away, dragging a hand through his hair before folding his arms over his chest. He looked extremely shaken, and Krul wished there was a way to comfort him properly. Although, she knew that the humans ultimate reaction would determine if Mikaela forgave himself or not.
"Mother... I don't think that he will be speaking with me after this...incident."
"Hush, Mikaela," She said this sternly, trying to get her point across in the easiest way possible, "If I am not wrong, I will also assume that this isn't the worst he has been through."
She brushed her fingertips lightly over the unconscious humans forearms, before sighing;
"Let him open up in his own time."
The younger vampire nodded, before Krul turned away once again to bandage Yuu's hand.

Just as the blonde was going to place the food down on the dresser, he was alerted when Yuu shifted and stirred, bringing his uninjured hand up to brush away the tangled mess of black locks that fell in front of his face in a dark curtain. He blinked at Mikaela for a few seconds, and the vampire noticed when he flinched. If he weren't a vampire, he wouldn't have noticed the extremely minuscule movement. Moving his hand down from his hair to his neck, his fingernails- which were manicured nicely, Mikaela noticed- brushed as his bandages, before he sighed quietly, moving to sit up in his bed.
"If it's alright... do you know what time it is, Mikaela?"
It was simple to say that the vampire was startled by this nonchalant reaction.
"Um... 11:00. Somewhere near there."
In truth, it was 11:07. Not that he was paying to much attention to the time. He didn't need to sleep, so he never paid to much attention unless he had to go somewhere with Krul. Or if he had a battle deployment to leave on. He wasn't particularly fond of fighting humans, but he didn't love them either. So instead he did whatever Krul wished. It was his safest option in a world like this.
"Thankyou, very much. Uh...." he seemed to stop mid sentence, as if he was choosing the right words;
"I have... somewhere to be. It's very important, and it won't take long. I won't need to leave for around thirty minutes, but... I would need your permission to leave the wing..."
The blonde cocked his head ever so slightly. It was odd that he would have to leave. Although, he wasn't going to stop him. That would be simply cruel after what happened to his the night before. So instead, he smiled;
"Of course. I won't stop you.. but.." He realised that he was still holding the plate of food, "Please, eat something first?... It's my... way of saying sorry." He held out the plate, and Yuu took it, looking perplexed, before he smiled. It was extremely small, just the right corner of his lips jerking upward. But Mikaela noticed it nonetheless.
"Thankyou. I-.. Curry is my favourite dish."

^I am so sorry. I know that this is actual trash. I hate it but I knew I had to get something out. I promise that the next chapter will be better and some new characters will be introduced!
Thankyou for reading IX; Bitter Formality!