XIII; Wrong for Right

Sector 13; Housing Placement 12

Mikaela read the paper he had gotten off of Lacus once again, raking a hand through his hair, which had fluffed up a little more due to the slight wind. He felt bad leaving Yuu at home alone, sick as he was, but the vampire had to get this done as soon as possible. He walked up the paved walkway to the house he had finally found, grimacing when he noticed that there were children watching from the streets in dark cornered, where they assumed he would not see them. Even if he didn't see them, he could hear the muffled whispers;

"Why is a bloodsucker here?"

"You all remembered to go to the blood hall, right?"

"Monster."

That last one hurt. It wasn't that he took offence. No, he completely understood all of the humans distaste for the vampires. He had a distaste for vampires- other than Krul, Lacus and René of course. But it wasn't like he had wanted to be one himself. It wasn't his choice. But it still made him upset when they looked at him with fear in their eyes.
Then again... with what you did to Yuu-Chan..
He pushed the thought out of his mind before straightening himself up. He lifted a hand to knock on the door of the grey, cement build building.

When the door swung open, a little girl stood in the doorway. Her hair, half of it up in two little two tails done with yellow elastics, was a light brown, and her bangs brushed her forehead. She wore the normal slaves uniform, and her collar was loose around her neck.
"Ako?" A female voice called from inside, "Who's at the door?"
And, as an answer, the girl called Ako went white as a sheet, before she screamed. Loudly. Loud footsteps resounded from within the concrete house, as someone must of been running to the door. Mikaela stood, completely stunned in the doorway. He saw a silhouette running upward behind Ako in the corridor, one arm raised. When the silhouette of the figure was clearer- he still stood still even now, shocked- he saw another girl. This one was definitely older, with a fishtail braid over her shoulder. He brown eyes were brimming with rage, and in her raised hand she held-
"Ako! Move!"
And move Ako did. Unfortunate for the vampire, he did not. Fishtail-braid-girl ran straight for him, and all he could do was stand still, completely dumbfounded by Ako's reaction as she plunged a blade into his chest, just right of his sternum. He gasped as it happened, stumbling backwards.

"Akane... what did you..?" Ako stumbled over her words, tears in her eyes. Mikaela coughed, spitting blood on the front of his white shirt, as well as the side of his cape (which was gaudy in his opinion anyways), and Akane yanked the knife from his chest. He fell to one knee, clutching his wound as it poured blood. Breathing  felt hard, and his coughing felt wet; his guess was that the stab had punctured his lung a little bit. Yet, he stood back up, wincing.
"My name is..." He paused to take a long breath, relief hitting him as his wound began to  heal. He would have to thank Yuu later, "Mikaela Tepes." He manages to rasp out those words, and the two girls' eyes went wide with fear at the use of the name 'Tepes'. Also the queen scarred the humans the most, Mikaela's own name was not a comforting one to hear- especially for a human in a city in the control of his adoptive mother. Akane most likely regretted stabbing him, just a little bit.
"And?" She spat, fear lining her voice, "Why would you me here, Lord Tepes?" He could tell that she was putting up a front; trying to be brave for the little girl next to her, whom was quivering with fear, tears in her eyes threatening to spill over.

The vampire waited a few seconds to answer, and noticed that the girls bloody dagger was not a bloody dagger at all. Well, it was bloody. He had been stabbed with it after all. But it was not a properly fashioned blade. Instead, it was a large, angular chunk of stone that had been sharpened to a fine point, and a piece of fabric had been wrapped around the hilt as a grip. It was impressive that she had spent the time grinding it to a point sharp enough to drive it so far through Mikaela's chest.
"I am here to ask you about one of your... siblings." He paused when she noticed her surprised reaction. She tightened her grip on her 'dagger';
"Chihiro has done nothing wrong!" She cried out, a look of anger crossing her face, "She is sick, and there is nothing we can do with the rations you're-"
"I'm not here for Chihiro." The blonde states simply, ending her statement in a flash. Mikaela was extremely confused, and he wondered who this 'Chihiro' was. Most likely another of Yuu's many siblings. He was relieved when he noticed that Akane's grip on her blade had relaxed, although she still held it tightly enough to do damage.

"Then... why are you here? What do you want? The rest of us have given our taxes..."
"I am aware of that." (He had no idea.) "I am here to ask about Yuu-Ch... Yuuichiro Hyakuya."
She gasped.
"Your the vampire Yuu was assigned to? Is he ok?" Then, she snapped out of her shocked state, and levels her knife with his chest yet again, "What have you done to him?"
"N-Nothing!" Mikaela held up his hands, although the statement he had just shared with the two in front of him had not been entirely true, "He... he is not well. I... I don't really know how to take care of him."

A quizzical look passed over her expression, but her eyes held enough worry to fill an ocean. She obviously cared deeply for the boy, and Mikaela wondered for their past and what it was like.

"Where is he now?"

^So... the Hyakuya's enter the scene! I know Akane isn't usually so... aggressive. But I felt that she would be really protective over Yuu. Are we curious as to the reason why Yuu was still giving blood when he doesn't need to? What about Chihiro? What has she done? Maybe Akane has the answer to both of these questions?
Anyways~
Thankyou for reading XIII; Wrong for Right.

Let me know what you think! <3