XI; Body Heat

Yuu's skin was pale and clammy. His damp hair plastered to his forehead, and every tiny shift in movement woke him up- he had now been in a feverish state for a full day, and was not appearing to come out of it. He flinched whenever Mikaela touched him, due to how cold his fingers where on his burning skin. He placed his hand on the humans forehead, feeling the familiar flinch- and the temperature that was close to literally burning him, it was that high. The vampire had barely a clue what to do. Krul had always taken care of him when he was sick- he had never had to do anything like this before.
He shushed Yuu gently when he whimpered in the pain of his fever, and glanced over at the collar on the table. It wasn't the boy's ownership collar, it was his citizenship one.

"Ah, Mika. By the way." Lacus said, pausing as he was inches away from stepping over the threshold, "I don't know if you saw, but..." He glanced at René. The frowning vampire reached deep into his pocket, and pulled out a thin band of leather; Yuu's collar. Startled, Mikaela glanced over at Yuu, and realised that the collar that he had on was the simple band of black fabric that he would have worn when he was simply a citizen. It was the one that he had worn before he had decided to become a slave. If he was being honest, it baffled him as to why he would be donating blood now, or wearing a citizenship collar for that matter. He assumed that neither Lacus or René had a clue either, so he decided only to thank the two, holding out his hand flat, with his palm upwards. The purple head of hair in front of him dropped the collar into his hand, careful enough to avoid dropping it onto the floor.

The two vampires walked out, closing the door softly behind them and suddenly, the room was eerily silent. Mikaela's attention was brought back to Yuu's quick and jagged breathing- a reminder of his current condition. He walked over, lifting the human's neck off of the bed with one cool hand as to remove the collar he was wearing. Whimpering slightly, Yuu's head lolled backwards, completely limp and compliant due to the state he was in. The humans bare throat was exposed to Mika, as Yuu must have removed his bandages from his neck some time during the day. His neck was pale and flawless, save for the bite scars that still lingered. His skin was covered in a thin sheen of sweat and his state only made him vulnerable. Mikaela gulped, and began to sweat a little bit himself. That was before he eyed the bite mark that he had put on Yuu's neck, still red and angrily puffy with a dark bruise. The thirst rumbling in his chest died, of only for a while. After untying the band at the back of his neck, he lifted it off of his skin, noticing that it too was damp with sweat. He dropped it onto the dresser, before clasping the leather band around his throat. The humans eyes opened for a fraction of a second, as well as his mouth. Although, he closed it quickly, deciding against saying something to the vampire in front of him. He passed out again then, hands gasping nervously at the sheets, and tangling the fabric between his fingers.

It threw the vampire over the edge when Yuu began to throw up what little food he had in his system.
It was day two of his fever, and Mikaela had set to applying what little help he could administer. Although, that help was only changing the cool washcloth on the humans forehead, as well as changing and washing his clothes every time he became overly drenched with the sweat caused by his high temperature. He had been feeding him small amounts too- only getting him to drink ample amounts of water and little mouthfuls of rice every few hours. He refused to even take painkillers. Mikaela wanted to call Krul, but he knew that he couldn't call her every time he had a problem. He knew that he was going to have to learn to care fore the boy; so that's what he would do.
He had a bucket placed by Yuu's bed just in case, but he didn't think that he would actually have to use it. Mikaela was in the kitchen re-filling the jug of water he was keeping beside the humans bed when he heard the hacking and coughing noises emanating from the boy's bedroom. In a single instant, the vampire had shut off the tap, and come running into the bedroom, not knowing what to expect. An acrid smell hung in the air, sharp and sickly. Yuu was hunched over the edge off the bed, clinging onto the bed post to keep himself from falling onto the floor. With the other hand he had steadied himself over the bucket while the little food he had been able to consume left his system. Even Mikaela felt sick to his stomach just remembering how it felt. He put the jug down on the dresser- the dresser had been getting a lot of use lately- before he reached for the plastic cup he had on hand, and filled it up half way. He walked briskly over to Yuu, who was still vomiting even though he hadnt nearly enough in his stomach to keep going. The vampire crouched down in front of him, trying to appear unbothered. Reaching up with the hand that wasn't holding the water, he began to rub the boy's back gently in circles, as Krul used to do for him. Tears dripped from Yuu's eyes, sobs adding to the violet shaking of his shoulders.
He was in pain, and Mikaela still wasn't sure what to do. All he could do at the moment was mutter encouragement to he boy, brushing strands of hair out of his face and rub the small of his back to soothe him if only a little bit.

For a moment, he saw himself in Yuu, and wondered how he was so alright with being close to him like this.

^I apologise to all of those out there with a weak stomach. I love you for reading this far. I promise that the next chapter will (probably) be better, and that we'll get some more new characters!
Thanks for reading XI; Body Heat