2 - Crossfire

I suggest you listen to the song while reading the story

I have chosen to fight for something that improves the world, even if my own race does not agree.

In love with an android, who was killed by his own copy, with the idea of ​​stopping us.

Seeing him die in front of me, gave me the strength to go on and fight for this cause: the androids must be free.

I am in the square, next to me Markus, shoulder to shoulder, with weapons and fists we try to make our way through the Detroit police.

While we were shooting with our weapons, to make us a pass North, Markus's partner, joined us and supporting us. 

A scream, which I would have recognized in the middle of those noises, made me stop shooting and with me also Markus and North.

I turn and see him, with a gun in his hands and his RX800 suit.

He was not my Connor, but he told me before he killed him that he had his memories but he had chosen not to be a deviant, to block the feelings he felt towards me.

I looked a moment at Markus, who nodded his head away from North, leaving me in the middle of the confusion with Connor in front of me.

By lowering the rifle I had in my hands, I looked at his figure in front of me: he too was as dirty as me with snow, which continued to fall on that battlefield.

We were both in the crossfire of that battle of races.

-What are you doing here?- I screamed, seeing him open his arms and nod a smile.

-I always accomplish my mission- he said, while his tone made me shiver.

The fact that he reminded me of Connor would not weaken me, but only make me stronger.

I saw him throw the gun away from him and did the same with my shotgun.

A glance was enough that we both ran towards each other: I avoided his kick slipping under him, counterattacking with a low kick that did not go well.

Damn reflections.

Connor had learned my fighting style but sometimes I could beat him.

I got up quickly and carrying my fists covering my face, so we started the fight: each of the two responded to the blow of the other with a counterattack or a studied parade.

I was distracted for a moment when I saw Markus fighting other guards, punching me in the face from Connor who knocked me down, spitting blood out of my mouth.

-You don't give up- he said, spitting blood too, from my previous fist.

I put my hand on the snow, getting up from the ground, looking at him and smiling.

-Never- I said returning standing, wiping my face with the back of my hand, returning to fight against the doppelganger of the man I loved and love.

-Why are you doing this?! - I screamed away with a jump, catching my breath.

-I was designed to accomplish my mission: to hunt and destroy the deviant's plague here in Detroit- he said, in his usual dull voice, which made my head shake.

-You have become a deviant too, they exploit you as if you were puppets! - I shouted referring to CyberLife.

He laughed, shaking his head.

-Is that how you did fall in love Connor?- He asked me, pointing at him, I gritted my teeth and running toward him, I struck him on the ground, straddling him, filling his face with his fists.

He did not respond to my blows, making himself hit so hard, to let the blood out of my knuckles.

Together with my blood on his face, my tears began to fall, starting to sob and to decrease the speed and intensity of my fists, ending up not to hit him anymore, remaining on him crying.

As much as I wanted to deny it, I'm missing Connor like the air and see him fight me, it hurt me even more.

As soon as I heard my name come out of his lips, I noticed that it was not the tone in which the android in front of me with his mission to complete he would say.

-Connor? - I asked, opening my eyes, seeing him take my wrists and look at my knuckles completely dirty with blood and broken, as he just looked at me, I realized that it was my Connor.

-Connor! - I screamed louder, coming back to cry more than before, while the snow continued to go down uninterruptedly. 

He got up from the ground and held me against his chest.

-I'm here, I'm here- he whispered against my hair, kissing me on the forehead, then looking over his shoulder, Markus flanked by North, raising his rifle and smiling, proclaimed the victory of the Androids.

I returned the smile to Markus and pressed me closer to Connor's warm body.