15 - Hurricane

Many choices are made in life. I have done many, which have always led me to think: what would have happened if I had chosen differently?

Sometimes when I have to make a decision, it's like being inside a hurricane. I am in the middle of it and making a decision seems increasingly difficult every time there is a new choice to make.

-Are you willing to sacrifice everything for a deviant?- His voice came out like a roar, while my gaze is directed against the wall in front of me, while I'm sitting in the middle of the room.

If I'm willing to sacrifice everything?

I sacrificed something else for very little. But I do not answer, I remain silent to look in front of me, while the man in front of me keeps turning around.

-A machine, nothing more- he continues to say, as I do not move a millimeter. The machine he is alluding to is in the same room, standing in a corner watching us.

-How many times have I told you to leave?- He yells at me as he jaws his jaw.

-No matter how many times you told me- I answer firmly, looking ahead of me.

-You had made a promise- quietly whisper the man stopping in front of me. For a millisecond my gaze rests on him, on the car that is on the corner to observe us.

-The promises are not enough- I try to say harshly, but my voice falters at the end.

-Why have you allowed your feelings to bypass what was your mission! - His cry against me makes me shake, even seeing him move his gaze on me, the look that I looked so closely.

-But tell me ... - began moving away, approaching the car that was still staring at me.

-Could you kill to prove your reason? - he asked me by standing next to him, who with his composed posture continued to scrutinize me.

I looked at him for a moment, then looked ahead of me, clenching his fists and tightening his jaw.

-Would you kill to save his life?- He asked, pointing to the car next to him: RK800, Connor.

-Yes- I could not control my mouth, repenting immediately after closing my eyes and biting my tongue.

-And if I had to kill him? - he asks, provoking me, making me turn against them, meeting those eyes.

- I would kill myself to save him - my tone is stable, like my beating and my gaze fixed on him.

His face is bent to one side, his eyes empty as if he were thinking of something.

-Your only mission was to capture devianes, not to fall in love with one of them

-Your only mission was to capture devianes, not to fall in love with one of them. Connor, kill her- ordered the man next to him, who was waiting with his arms folded to watch the show.

I stood up, waiting for Connor to stand in front of me.

As soon as he was in front of me, I just smiled.

-Do what you need, Connor- I said, as I saw his gaze change, a different light, the same light that I saw in deviants.

-As you would have sacrificed your life for me, I would have done the same - with a quick movement Connor turns up the gun and firing a bullet in front of the man who folds arms folded on the ground, helpless.