11 - No Glory

I suggest you listen to the song while reading the story

What are you fighting for?

You ask for it every day, and every day you look at it.

Lower your head and turn your wrist towards you reading the tattoo: Freedom. 

Every day you fight, with clenched fists and contracted jaw

The day from your knuckles comes blood, the same blood that unites you to deviants who would like their freedom as you want it.

Another day of struggle awaits you: close your fists and take the run-up, making room for yourself by fighting the police trying to stop you and the deviants.

Your blood is different from theirs, but the goal is common.

-Stop! - you hear from behind, while you stop suddenly, catching your breath and turning slowly.

An android, a RK800 read from its impeccable suit, has just stopped you, while watching you completely.

-You're a human, what are you doing in the midst of deviants? - screams you, trying to contrast the sounds of gunfire, screams and explosions

-I'm fighting for something I want too- you said hoping he heard you.

-Fight for your freedom? You humans are already free-screaming, approaching a few steps to, while you look at him with a bitter smile.

-We are never really free: we are slaves of you machines-indicate him while you look at your tattoo once more, while you point out the android in front of you.

With the same hand that indicates, the incite to come against you, but starting before him, slipping under him and finding himself behind him.

He whirled around and raised fists began to fight, each fist deflected or parried with precision, without any effort on the part of the android in front of you.

With a kick behind your shoulder you throw yourself against a wall, making you scream in pain, out of the corner of my eye I see him ready to attack again with a kick on his chest slamming his shoulder against the wall behind him, without making noises or grimaces of pain.

Taking him counter-attack nudged him on the neck, seeing him still stagger, and taking it from his arm, you can give you the momentum and throw it to the ground.

You get up, carry the back of your hand on your mouth, stained with blood, seeing the android losing thirium, getting up and watching.

-Run away until you're on time - the android said while you smile amused.

-What will you do if I do not order, will you shoot Connor? - ask him, seeing Connor in front of you, open his eyes wide.

- How do you know my name? - asks you, as he slowly approaches you, still losing blue blood from his wounds.

-I do not lose blue blood, but I'm half android. Why do you think I'm so strong? - ask him, raising an eyebrow, almost amused seeing his puzzled face, turn into a reflective face.

Come on a feline, you turn and with a strong kick, turn the body of the guard ready to attack behind you, away from me.

-Damn coward - sentitious, then feeling a creak, turning around, finding yourself the barrel of a gun pointed at your forehead.

A corner of your mouth rises as you move your gaze to Connor's face.

-My mission is to kill anyone who foments this rebellion- said with a harsh tone Connor.

- You're just a stupid machine that executes orders - as soon as you finish that sentence, with an agile movement remove the pistol from Connor's cold hand, completely opening the gun and throwing the pieces on the ground, next to you.

-Too slow, Connor- admonish, seeing him mention a small smile on his face, and as if you were reading in thought, you turn your arms with a shot from a guard, seeing Connor overtake you and knock down with a direct hit at the nape of the guard, while watching you for a few minutes.

-We are going to take back our freedom- dice a tall voice Connor, while he leans his hand towards you, who immediately clasp, giving a last glance to your tattoo on the wrist: and freedom both.