13 - Little Poor Me

I suggest you listen to the song while reading the story

Face to face with him, a deviant hunter: Markus had warned you of the danger in which you were hunting.

Although human, you have sided with the deviant: something sick has happened to the human race and like them, you want things to change.

Markus is behind you, while in front of you, Connor, the android in charge of killing deviators and their Leader now behind you.

He is dressed like you, no android suit, to cover his LED a hat.

- Mission accomplished - says aloud.

You knew that from there he would shoot with a direct kick to his hand, fly his gun out of the room, centering in full the window to your left open

There is a small moment when your gaze and Connor's meet, and then you see him throw you on the ground, heading towards Markus.

While Connor is struggling with Markus, you get up quickly, approaching them and taking Connor's shoulders from his shoulders, drive him away from Markus, while Connor in a quick move flips over the positions, now he's holding you.

You nudge him, while you feel his grip on your neck diminish and as you watch Markus nod, you understand and quickly lower yourself, while Markus kicks Connor behind you.

You get up next to you, Markus, both of you looking at Connor who is slowly getting up, looking at you with a serious look.

- Stop fighting! - scream at Connor, who with a half smile continues to look at you.

-Do you think a human can give me the commands? - asks you, pointing with your finger, as you close the fists of the hands, repressing your anger.

-You're taking orders from a stupid person who does not even exist, Connor!" The shouts referring to Amanda, an interface you had heard of. Connor thins his gaze, almost reflecting on your words.

-You're right, none of us should get orders, you break that wall too, Connor- Markus suggests calmly, as you barely look at him with admiration.

- I always accomplish my mission - angrily spits the android in front of you, while ready to load again you move and even the blow that Connor had loaded, grumbling with pain.

His eyes are fixed in yours, while still still, you are parrying his fist with your arms.

With a quick movement, you give him a knee, seeing him stagger back, and then take a run and kick him in the chest, making him slamming his shoulders against the wall, trapped.

-You have two choices Connor: execute the orders, or die trying to finish your mission- sentencing Markus, while you stand beside you, placing a hand on your shoulder, thus complimenting a look of your success.

Put both eyes on Connor with a smile on his face watching you.

-I'm not the only one to look for you- says before taking your gun from your side and sticking it to the head, killing himself. 

Shocked by that gesture, I tremble just watching in front of you the now lifeless body of the android

-Come on- says Markus, putting pressure on your shoulder as you turn around and follow him out of that room, first taking your gun from Connor's hand, pausing for a moment to watch.

Full of questions, continue to follow Markus, finding yourself wandering along with him in the deserted streets of the city.

Now it's been a few hours and your body has become accustomed to the cold temperature that evening.

-Look out!- Markus yells at your side as you hear a shot and you find yourself on the ground, while Markus holds you to him.

You see the thirium getting dirty, so you immediately look at Markus, who was smeared by his right arm.

You turn to the sound of the shot, seeing the figure of slow Connor walking toward you, holding his gun.

-Stop!- You scream as you help Markus up, and as before, you stand in front of him, making him a shield.

Connor stops looking at the gesture you just made, blinking his eyes several times.

-Don't do it, please- beg him, raising his hand to him, trying to stop him. Suddenly raising the hand that holds the gun, pointing.

-Why do you do it?- He asks, staring at you.

-Because things have to change. I know you care, how we care and Markus. You too can change, you can help us to change this world, Connor- you entreat him by seeing a different light in his eyes.

Several minutes of stalemate ensue, where you continue to watch him and he continues to point the gun at you until he finally lowers his gun, as if he has regained control of himself

-We have to go, they are coming for you- screams Connor, reaching you.

-Good girl- Markus whispers behind you, while a smile on your face appears.