10 - Russian Roulette

I suggest you listen to the song while reading the story

Take a breath, take it deep.

-Calm  yourself- he tells you, while you are sitting in front of this metal desk, while he is in front of you, standing. 

Sweat and try to move slowly.

No time to think, it's your turn now.

He can see you through his chest, you're terrified but you will not leave because you know you have to pass this test. 

If you do not take it, both of you risk your life.

If you play, play for the key.

You knew from the beginning that it would be difficult: you know too much.

So you make him one request.

-Pull that trigger- you say, trying to look as calm as possible, while Connor's brown eyes keep looking at you.

Say a prayer to yourself.

-Close your eyes, sometimes it help- he advises you, while doing what he tells you.

Close your eyes.

But then you get a scary thought: if he's here he means he never loses.

Your life passes before you, you wonder if you can see another dawn.

Many will not get the chance to say goodbye, but it's too late to think about the value of your life right now.

He scans you again: he can see your heart, throbbing, he can see you through your chest, terrified but you do not run away, no.

You have to pass this test, so hopefully press the trigger.

As soon as you hear the noise of the gun being dragged away from the table open your eyes, seeing it with the gun in hand, pointing at you, ready to shoot.

Give a little nod with your head and close your eyes once more.

-I love you- you hear, and then you hear a shot.

You do not feel pain, and maybe this is what you feel but then you hear the door of the room open and open your eyes: Connor turns and shoots the two guards who entered without batting an eyelid, without remorse

He turns to you as soon as he sees the guards on the ground, unarmed.

-Come here- he says, stretching out a hand.

With your breath on your neck, you get up and take his hand, overtaking the bodies, heading out of the room and out of the building.

The snow falls, white and white, while you run with Connor, who ends up stopping in a narrow area, thus sowing the police.

Take a breath, as you see him stand in front of you, look around, and then look at you, who catch your breath after the small ride.

-Connor what the hell did you do? You had to shoot me!- screaming at him, seeing him look at you and frown, contradicted by your sentence.

-Did I have to kill you?- He asks, looking inquisitively.

-Sure! Now that you have not done that, they will kill both of us! - screaming, gesticulating quickly with your hands.

-They will not find us- he replies with a decisive, self-assured tone. Stand still and watch him, worried about him.

-Why do you think this? - ask him, arms folded, leaning on the cold wall behind you.

-I know where Jericho is- he whispered, making himself heard only by you.

-So we'll get killed first, really smart Connor- pulling you off the wall, ready to walk away, but it blocks your wrist with its grip.

-Where are you going?- He asks, looking worried.

-Connor, we messed up, give me the gun- you say, stretching your free hand towards him, observing your hand for a few seconds, then moving your gaze towards your face.

-What do you want to do? - asks you, with an unstable voice, seeing his led change color, becoming from blue to an intense yellow.

-Give it to me or i will take it- threaten him, already feeling your eyes burn, trying to repress the tears ready to go out. 

Leave your wrist and always staring into your eyes, take the gun behind his back, handing it over.

-I'm sorry- you hear your tears go silent on your face, while you shoot a blow on the head, seeing him open his eyes wide and fall to the ground of knees.

While bursting into tears, observe his body helpless that observes you while you point the barrel of the gun to your temple.

-I love you Connor- whispers before pulling the trigger and collapsing next to Connor's body. 

Not all stories have a happy ending.