8 - Man or a Monster

I suggest you listen to the song while reading the story

In life we ​​have choices to make, we always find ourselves at the crossroads, it is up to us to choose which way to take, what fate to do.

All I see now, they are not people, they are monsters who try to destroy something that they have created with love and dedication.

I wonder how humans look at themselves in the mirror: do they ever wonder if they are men or monsters?

Every day when I look at myself in the mirror, I wonder if my race is not the wrong one: the androids want only the freedom that was denied them from the beginning.

Unfortunately I can not be objective on this thought.

I looked at the mirror, the figure of Connor behind me, seeing his blue led and his gaze fixed on me.

I saw him sketching a smile while struggling, I did the same.

Turning around, I walked into the bedroom, noticing Connor following my movements, with care and precision.

-Something wrong?- His soft but sure voice, his light touch against my hand, which immediately took mine, squeezing it.

-We will pay for what we are doing. We can not take back the damage we have done- I said, looking into his eyes, seeing him look at me with an almost regretful look.

-I do not even know which side I should be ... - I said shaking my head, confused.

-Do not you know because you're with a deviant?- He asked, referring to himself.

-You are the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to me, Connor- I said raising my hand, placing it on his cheek, seeing him lean towards it, accepting my loving caress with my face.

For a moment I saw Connor looking blankly, stopping completely.

-Jericho needs me- he said quickly, turning and dressing, putting the hat on his head

-Be careful- I said quickly, seeing him turn around for a moment and smile.

-As always- he said, then went to the front door and out.

But this time I would not stop: I would have followed.

Like a shadow in the darkness, I followed him, finding myself in front of a great mass of Androids led by their Leader.

In front of the Jericho Leader, the police were ready to fire and fight.

-For Jericho!- Shouted the Leader, raising his hand, flanked by Connor, who ran the charge along with the others.

What I saw took my breath away: androids against humans, blue blood against red blood, machines against living.

I no longer knew where to look, because there was so much war around me that I was devastating.

A little farther away from me, Connor made his way quietly, eliminating in a non-viable manner the police who hindered him.

A policeman aimed his gun at him, and easily took it from his hands, pointing it at him.

-No! - I screamed, running towards them, seeing Connor turn a moment to me and then hit the man in front of him with the kick of the gun

-What are you doing here?- He asked, approaching me, still holding the gun in his hand.

-I followed you ...- I said in fear, looking into his dark eyes and staring at mine.

-Why are you here?- He repeated in a harsh voice.

As soon as I saw the man behind him stand up, my eyes widened in fear.

Connor smoothly turned and without hesitating, fired a straight shot at the cop's head, ready to shoot him from behind.

Connor turned to me again, as light tears fell from my eyes.

-We're monsters ... we all are! - I screamed, clenching my hands in fists, looking around and then stop my gaze again on Connor.

-If being a monster helps me protect who I love, then I have no problem to be- said approaching and putting a hand on my face, stroking.

-I do not want you to be a monster ...- I whispered, narrowing my head slightly.

-It's not your choice, my love-

-We can always choose, as with our hands we can heal with the same we can kill- I said, looking into his eyes, hoping to make him think.

-I choose to kill to keep you safe. I can not force you to stay by my side, it's up to you to decide-

-I will always stay by your side, Connor- I whisper, and then approach him again and place your lips on his, feeling him hold tight to you.