1. The house

I pulled up down a long drive way, iron gates slowly creak open, I thought to myself this is something out of some horror movie

We slowly drive through the gates and my mum puts her hand on my dads leg and gives him a warm smile.

I roll my eyes at their affection, they're happy they didn't have to leave their whole school behind along with my friends. I didn't have many but I had a few and now I'll probably never see them again.

"Oh it looks like it's full of history Holly, you'll have great fun exploring" my mum tries to lighten my mood. It didn't work.

She turns her head to look at me from the front seat "come on it will be fun! You'll make friends in no time" she turns back to the front to gush at the house we are slowly pulling up to.

I look out my window and lean my head into the window. It's a nice day for moving i suppose not that I'll have any part of this, I'll just watch.

I take in the view it's a long driveway and it's surrounded by trees and a nicely kept lawn. The house I have to admit is something else, it's big built with large red bricks and has old looking windows that slide up and down to open.

It's door is large and heavy with a large knocker in the middle, to add to the creepy feel of the house. Great.

My mum and dad have decided they want to move from London into the country for some more peace and quite so we've moved two and half hours from London to the middle of nowhere, yup they'll get peace and quite now I roll my eyes and huff to myself.

My dad will travel to London on a Monday and come home on a Thursday but he's agreed to be on call should he be needed. He has recently had a pay rise and decided now he'll buy his dream old English home or he'll never get round to it.

My mum is a midwife and she's been transferred to a local women's hospital and my dad is a surgeon in London but he specialises in brain injuries. They met while working at the same hospital when my mum was a student midwife and my dad had recently left university.

They had my brother in the first year of them being together he was 10 months when he died of meningitis his name was George I've seen photos obviously of him and I'm told stories of him during his short life.

Then my mum and dad got married two years later and moved into their home, another year on and I was born and seventeen years later here I am.

The car comes to a stop and my mum and dad hurry out and gather around the front of the car hugging each other looking up at the new house. It's like something out a movie and I stick my fingers down my throat in disgust.

"Don't look at me like that" I notice Pebbles looking at me from her pet carrier. She lets out a meow and sticks her paw through the wire.

"Oh fine!" I say and open the cage door and take her in my arms and get out the car to join my parents in their perfect family photo.

"Mr. Hayes, would you like us to start unpacking?" A large man who I think is more fat than muscle asks.

"Oh yes that would be great, everything is labelled so just set the boxes down and we will sort them out. Once Holly has decided on what room she would like you can move her boxes into the room and myself and Anne will take the front bedroom first on the left as you walk up the stairs" he pushes me forward "go on kid" he nudges me to find my room.

"Alrighttt!" I stomp through the front door. Woah I'm stood looking around this house is huge! I mean our London house was big but there is only so much room in London it was tiny compared to this mansion.