12. My ending

Harry's POV - this chapter will contain abuse and extreme violence please skip this chapter if you feel it will be a trigger for you.
____________________________

Finally today is the day I've finished my last year at boarding school and I get to go home and see my mum. I speak to her a few times a week when he allows her to call me.

I hear her cry down the phone waiting and praying for me to come home so we can leave together and start a new life far away from him. The memories are permanently scarred into my brain of my mum being beaten, raped and abused. I kept telling her to go to the police but she's too scared.

My poor mum, I wince at my last memory of her laying face down begging me not to leave but he was forcing and pushing me out the door beating me round the head. I load my bag into the taxi which is taking me home and take one last look at the school which I've spent most of my life at, the school that taught me everything I know about life and more importantly self defence. I see Zayn walking over to me with pat on the shoulder "I'm gonna miss you mate! You're like a brother. We have to keep in touch" he warmly smiles at me.

I've been best friends with Zayn since the first day we arrived here. We share a room together and have been inseparable since. This boy means the world to me, truly is like my brother.

"Of course man" I bring him in for a hug "once I'm home and settled wherever that may be. I'll be in contact no doubt about that" I pull away from our hug and he sends me best wishes. He knows my situation and he knows I'll be going home to get my mum. I wave to him as I slowly drive away from what has been my home for the last seven years.

I'm ready I thought to myself, I'm ready to end all of this. We pull up to the front door of my horror childhood home and dread creeps back to me like it was yesterday I was last here. I feel like I'm being drawn back to my former ten year old self. I take a breath to steady my nerves. I pay the driver and take my bag out the back of the car and walk to the door.

I wait a moment before I grab the knocker and swing it on the door. Minutes tick by and I wonder if my mum has moved and he hasn't allowed her to tell me. I knock again and wait. I wait for a further five minutes until the door swings open and he is there.

"God, is it that time already? You've finished school? Fuck sake" he runs his hands through his hair and gives me a disgusting look.

I stand there not sure what I'm meant to do? Walk in? Turn around and walk away?

"What the fuck are you standing there for? Dumb shit" he moves out the way and I creep past him and stand in the lobby of my home.

I set my bag down and look around, I almost forgot what this place looked like.

"Where is she?" I start walking towards the kitchen.

"She's not in there that's for sure" he's leaning against the doorway of the dining room with a smug look on his face.

"Where the fuck is she?" I shout starting to loose my calmness quickly.

He laughs which only fuels me more and shrugs his shoulders. "Looks like you've grown up little boy" he gestures towards my tall, broad frame.

"Yeah I have. So I can beat your arse" I growl back at him. Which only makes him chuckle.

"Mum!" I shout and head upstairs he worries me. It's not that he's rushing towards me to stop me but the fact he is slowly following me waiting for me to find whatever it is I'm meant to find.

I burst into her bedroom and I see her. My eyes can't be seeing right? I slowly walk over to her laying in the bed. Her arms are tightly pulled up by ropes wrapped around the head board. Her head is hung low resting on her bare chest. I notice how skinny she is, her collarbone is sticking out and her breathing is shallow and rugged.