9. Ghost

I'm standing there holding my gaze with the ghost boy. He turns on the stool of the piano and rests his hands in his knees. I gulp nervously.

"Yes" he whispers.

This must be a fucked up dream, Harry the boy that was murdered is sitting at my piano. I feel the coldness that I've felt since I've been here sweep over me.

"I. I..I'm Holly" I stutter out.

He lifts his head up and takes a sigh, he stands up, he's tall and towers over me. He walks towards me and I instinctively take a step back.

"Please" he holds out his hand to me.

"Please don't be afraid, I just wanted to meet you properly. I know you came down last night but I didn't feel you were ready to see me" he looks down at himself. He's so real, not like I would imagine a ghost to be. I can't see through him he looks like a solid man.

"I'm sorry" I whisper and step forward.

I feel like I'm in a daze, talking to this boy like it's normal. I'm taking out of my daze by the sound of footsteps above me, my mum or dad must be up. I hear the fan of the bathroom click on. I face Harry again but he's gone, like he wasn't there at all? Maybe he wasn't?

I step out the room and stand behind the door as I close it. I feel a chill come over me and I decide to walk back to my room quietly so I don't make a noise. I crawl into bed and lay down. I grab my phone and look at the time. It's 4.15am I close my eyes and think about what the hell just happened.

Harry. That was him.

A ghost?

I wake up to my alarm and reach under my pillow and turn it off. I roll over and stare at the window allowing the light to pour into my room.

Harry.

I sit up and think of last night. That was one hell of a dream I thought to myself and smile. Pebbles slowly stretches and wakes up. I can hear my dad banging around downstairs and I know mum has gone to work early this morning. I wonder if I can persuade him to give me a lift to school?

Or maybe I'll message Louis and catch a lift with him I know he's got to drive past?I think about it for a moment and decide to message Louis.

Morning, don't suppose I can hitch a lift into school? :)

I place my phone down and pet Pebbles until my phone pings.

Be ready half hour :)

I jump out of bed as he doesn't leave me much time to get ready. I quickly wash myself and do my hair it's greasy so I just braid it. I look in the mirror and see my two black eyes, I apply a little more make up than usual in hopes to cover them up. It works..kinda.

I skip downstairs and greet my dad in the kitchen.

"Alright kiddo? How's the head?" He looks up from reading the newspaper. I quickly grab an apple from the bowl "I'm still here aren't I?" I take a bite and juice squirts down my chin.

"Hmm very funny. You wouldn't make jokes if you saw what I do on a daily basis" he rolls his eyes and goes back to reading the paper.

I turn to walk out the door when I stop as my dad starts talking "you wouldn't know anything about the piano room being left as it was last night. Would you?" My eyes go wide. What's he mean?

"Erm, no. What do you mean?" I turn around and walk back to him.

"Oh nothing, I went in there this morning and the piano lid was up and the stool was kicked away from underneath" He shrugs "remember I've always told you to close the lid once you've finished and to leave the room how you found it"