27. R.I.P

Would like to add a warning to this chapter, so please if you feel you may get upset over animal violence then please skip this chapter

**************************************

I done the morning at school and left at lunch time, i spent time with Louis before I left. I hadn't seen red bitch all day which I wasn't complaining about but Louis said she wasn't in school at all as she wasn't in his social care class. Good I thought to myself maybe she's left.

I got a taxi home as my mum was working and my dad was called to a hospital to perform specialist surgery.

I thank the taxi driver and hand over some money and get out the car. I told him to drop me off at the gates and I'll walk up to the house save him driving up the long drive way and turning around.
I walk through the gates and plug my head phones in and listen to some music. I listen to the cheery sounds of little mix and bop my way closer to the house.
I twirl on the spot as I walk and once I'm facing back to the house I see Harry standing there, expecting him to laugh but he doesn't. He stands there head hanging low.

I pull my ear phones out and walk a little faster only for Harry to put his hands up gesturing me not to come any closer.

"Don't" he shouts from about three metres away.

I slow my walking down, I start to feel sick something has clearly happened.

"Tell me" I get up to him searching his sad eyes for any clue.

"I don't know what to tell you, but just go back down the drive so I can sort it out" he holds my face in his cold hands.

I dart my eyes around to see what he could possibly have to sort out.

"No" I'm not going anywhere I say.

"Fuck, Holly please just listen to me. You don't want to see her" he looks down.

"Her?" I question. Has something happened to my mum? She's at work I'm sure I would of got a call and the school would of informed me of anything I needed to know about my mum.

Harry nods and runs his hands through his hair. "I..I found her. I don't know what's happened I was on your bed stroking her and then I had to leave and when I came back.."

I cut him off "pebbles? What the fucks going on Harry?" I feel myself about to explode if he doesn't tell me. Although I get the impression I don't want to know.

Pebbles has seen me through a lot, she's been my best friend since I was five. I've celebrated every one of her eleven birthdays and I've been by her side of every seven of her car accidents. She's been there for me, for every lost tooth, cut knee, nose bleed and friendship fall outs. She's more than a pet cat. My heart is starting to bulge from my chest and slowly creeping up into my throat.

He doesn't say anything just shakes his head and I can't hold it anymore "tell me what the fuck has happened!?" I push past him "Holly please just wait, you don't want to see her" I hear him screaming at me as I'm running toward the house as fast as I can, I feel the slow ache coming from my stomach from running so fast. It feels like my legs are going to fall off when I'm brought to a sudden halt. Just before I get to the house I see her.

"Nooooo!" I scream and feel Harry come behind me. I turn and grab hold of his top and shake him as hard as I can "Do something, fucking do something! Get her down please" I turn around and look up at my beautiful friend hanging from the large tree near our front door. Her body is lifeless swaying in the wind. I fall to my knees and rest my head on the gravel drive. My friend, my only life long friend, I start punching the floor in my anger.