17. Toy story two?

I'm sitting in home room day dreaming about last night. These interrupted night sleeps are getting to me I let out a yawn and try to listen to what Mr Payne is telling us but it's not sinking in. It's something to do with the summer ball in a few weeks. I suddenly snap awake a summer ball? I perk up and take notice.

"..so last Saturday of June will be the summer ball. All year tens and elevens are invited to come. The dress is formal so get your best tuxedos and ball gowns out obviously no drinking is allow and anyone to be found drinking or sneaking in forbidden drinks will be asked to leave. Understood?" He looks around the room making sure everyone nods in agreement.

A summer ball? I don't have a date I suddenly realise and I frown. Could ask Harry to come? Of course not , I don't know why I even entertained the thought. The bell rings and I set off to English class.

Class goes smoothly and I hear nothing from red bitch at all, maybe Louis spoke to her or she's given up. I feel a slight relief and hope I can now relax at school without having to watch my back all the time. I have free period next so I decide where I'm going to go for the free hour and since it's warm outside I plan on sitting out in the school field and work on my tan.

I set myself down on the field and get my phone out and put some music on I lay back and close my eyes so I can picture Harry in my mind. Last night was a rollercoaster of emotions for me I'm not one to cry but last night I felt I let it all out everything i had been bottling up for years.

"Can we talk?" I open one eye to find Louis standing over me. I close my eye and go back to thinking of Harry.

"Please just two minutes. Please let me explain" he whines and I kind of want to hear what he has to say.

"Two minutes" I say keeping my eyes closed.

I hear him shuffle down next to me and I hear his heavy breathing.

"I like you I really do and I know it doesn't seem like it now but I'm back with her because I care about you" he leans back on the grass. I sit up and finally open my eyes and stare at him.

"You care about me? So you got back with the girl who is basically beating me up? Yeah makes complete sense" I roll my eyes and gather my things up and turn the music off of my phone and put it in my bag I go to get up but Louis holds my arm to stop me.

"Yes. We spoke and I said if we were to get back together she was to leave you alone. So that's why I'm with her I can't see you being hurt all the time" he let's go of my arm and places his hand on my cheek.

"I really like you a lot and I thought if this were to stop her from hurting you then I'll do this. I'll protect you from her." He drags his hand down my cheek and across my lips.

I slap his hand away. "No! No you don't get to protect me. I can defend myself and this is utter bullshit!" I quickly stand up and get out of his reach. "You can't play games! You knew I liked you we could of sorted this out without you being with her" I sling my bag over my shoulder.

"And incase you didn't know she kneed me in the face yesterday! So I take it her side of the deal wasn't kept!" I walk away to get myself out of this situation. I'm so confused so he likes me? And I liked him but in a short space of time things have changed. I'm with Harry I want to be with Harry, but Louis is real I can have something real with him and he's just confessed he likes me.

"Wait! Please this is all fucked up I get it! I'd do anything to protect you and if being her boyfriend just gives you a break for a while until this whole thing blows over then that's what I'll do!" He pulls me in and our lips are so close.